Wesnoth Creepypasta--Loyalist Campaign (9 Scenarios) Now on 1.18

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MathBrush

Wesnoth Creepypasta--Loyalist Campaign (9 Scenarios) Now on 1.18

Post by MathBrush »

Wesnoth Creepypasta is an intermediate campaign designed to introduce new players to the Loyalist faction.

It is also a fictional tale of a Wesnoth campaign maker who disappeared, leaving his final campaign, 'The Nether's Call', unfinished. This campaign pieces together both the history of what happened to him, as well as why the campaign remained unfinished.
advancements.png
draketime.png
blue.png
My goal in writing this campaign was to finish my set of introductory campaigns, one for every faction, where you play against every other faction.

Thanks to everyone who voted in the poll (I combined all three options) and created insults. This campaign has taken far longer than any of my other campaigns to make, and should be my final one.

Thanks to everyone whose played my campaigns over the years! I'm happy to maintain them and update them according to player feedback. Let me know if you find any bugs here or if the difficulty needs changing!
Drake Campaign: A Fiery Birth | Knalgan Alliance Campaign: Drunkards, Dwarves, and Doubloons | Dunefolk Campaign: Asheviere's Shadow | Northeners Campaign: Goblin's Glory | Undead Campaign: Shakespeare's Ghost | Rebels Campaign: Santa Must Die | Loyalist Campaign: Wesnoth Creepypasta
Otdoy

Re: Wesnoth Creepypasta--Loyalist Campaign (9 Scenarios) Now on 1.18

Post by Otdoy »

Wow, this was a really interesting experience. The meta commentary was so engrossing that when I got to the final scenario, I found it all too depressing to play. That is, until I read this thread and discovered that it's all a fictional story, haha! So okay, I'll give that final scenario a shot.

Meta could add an interesting approach to certain campaigns. Scenarios are almost always presented as "the reality of the moment". But what if a campaign delved further into the concept of memory and point of view?

For example, one might play the same battle but a couple of times, with different conditions (maybe even controlling different sides.) As if two leaders were retelling the war from their different perspectives, each one trying to prove that they were the "winner".

In any case, this is excellent writing and I really have to thank you for the unique experience.
Otdoy

Post by Otdoy »

Okay, so there were actually several more 'final' levels. Pretty amazing! Thanks for the great writing and engrossing storyline. Now that I think about it, the battles were so-so tactically speaking, but the story was so captivating that it didn't matter! Just goes to show how enthralling deep musings can be.
MathBrush

Post by MathBrush »

Thanks Otdoy! I just saw this, and appreciate your kind comments on the writing. This is my last campaign so I wanted to work hard on it.

I know what you mean about the tactical part, I always struggle to make my battles engaging. While I’m not making any new campaigns, if you ever get an idea on how to improve the fights here (like adding more interesting terrain or taking away gold) I’d be happy to try it. But if not, thanks for your help and feedback!
Drake Campaign: A Fiery Birth | Knalgan Alliance Campaign: Drunkards, Dwarves, and Doubloons | Dunefolk Campaign: Asheviere's Shadow | Northeners Campaign: Goblin's Glory | Undead Campaign: Shakespeare's Ghost | Rebels Campaign: Santa Must Die | Loyalist Campaign: Wesnoth Creepypasta