Xalzar Quest (SP campaign for 1.14 BfW)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Argesilao

Xalzar Quest (SP campaign for 1.14 BfW)

Post by Argesilao » December 26th, 2018, 8:00 am

Hi everyone!

This is the reference topic for the single player campaign: Xalzar Quest

It's a short campaign with only four scenarios and only two level of difficulty (I becoming increasingly lazy);

It was made in windows but should also work in unix; need the 1.14 version of BfW; there's the italian translation too.

The campaign narrates the adventures that, after the destruction of Saurgrath by the elves, brought the surviving saurians to find a new home.

The campaign has some special features:
- A day of 12 periods
- The only enlisted unit during the entire campaign is the Juvenile Saurian, a level 0 unit.
- When a Juvenile Saurian goes up in level there are 2 out of 3 chances that it becomes a Saurian Skirmisher, and 1 in 3 chance that it becomes a Saurian Augur

every feedback is welcome; have fun!

white_haired_uncle

Re: Xalzar Quest (SP campaign for 1.14 BfW)

Post by white_haired_uncle » December 27th, 2018, 9:34 pm

Generally, I like campaigns where you have a leader or two and a healer or two and, at least at first, you only can only recruit level 0. But not when they have next to zero chance to level up. I started playing this on normal, and it's just way too difficult for me.
Spoiler:
The unit description for the Spells Master says in the text that it cures, but according to the abilities it loses cure when promoted from Icecaster.

kjosh

Post by kjosh » January 25th, 2019, 8:56 pm

On the first scenario the wolves aren't loading, does it require a specific unit package? It doesn't say it does in the install page.

Argesilao

Post by Argesilao » January 25th, 2019, 10:32 pm

kjosh wrote:
January 25th, 2019, 8:56 pm
On the first scenario the wolves aren't loading, does it require a specific unit package? It doesn't say it does in the install page.
This is very strange; :hmm:

Wolves are the same used in the mainline campaigns and coded in the folder data/core/units/monsters, and no special package is required to play this campaign.

Try to check if you have the wolves' cfg files in the directory.