Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Post by Heindal »

5. Ok this is bad. I can't retrace this bug, as I don't have the problem :(.
9. Yeah, it used to be faith and I change that to karma. But in some descriptions it stayed 'faith', which is ok because your karma represents your "faith".
12. I haven't missed it, I already fixed it yesterday, but I think I swapped the lines in the answer.

Any good that you buy or sell won't check if the value is higher than "0". It doesn't matter how much you buy or sell, it will always change the price for the same value. This isn't perfect, but on the other hand, it had some extreme effects, when buying 65 goods and each good changes the price for say 1%. You could basically buy a lot of goods and sell them to the same market. To compensate that, you can however change the sell-price to 70%. It made it impossible to trade, as you had to look a lot for possible places to sell your goods. With this method, markets will pay 90% of the buying price, which allows the player to trade a lot, even so the amount of goods is limited.

However, the methods will now check if the amount is higher than 0 and only than fire the buy or sell event. I'm not quite sure what happened if you sell negative value. I have to check that yet. If so, I will have to change some other buy and sell events too. I might also add a description how the new market methods work and which cities produce which good.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

I deleted and re-downloaded Strange Legacy. Now I can start challenging.

How do you know some Finnish language?
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.
If I was a mainline unit, I would be an intelligent, resilient Ranger.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Well I don't know Finnish except for 'Hei' or 'Hey'.
The rest is done by translator websites such as:

https://translate.google.com/
https://translate.google.com/?hl=en#vie ... text=Hello

Another good translator is deepl, but doesn't provide Finnish Language.

https://www.deepl.com/translator

However it's bad that you had to reinstall the game. I'm sorry for that and I don't understand why this problem occurred.

Hauskaa päivän jatkoa!
Heindal

Production Concept Strange Legacy

Post by Heindal »

As a lot of cities now produce goods and even population, you might wonder how this works.
If you however want to find this out by yourself, I put the details into a spoiler tag.
I will start with some general information, which might be interesting for you.

General information about production:

Each village and town produces goods. Many productions don't have any requirements. So even there isn't any bread on the villages market, this village will still produce grain, cattle or wine. Cities however will consume goods and produce others. In some cases cities produce population by consuming bread, fish, grain, wine or beer. For the production, cities will consume goods if there is enough stock on the market. However the production will never empty the stock, so a production will always require one additional good.

E.g. capital city turns 10 cattle into 100 meat. It requires however 11 cattle to start the production. This is to prevent 'empty' markets.

So far production doesn't change the prices, only the stocks! Exception is Capital City, where some productions change prices. But as we are talking about 100dreds of processes, I haven't done this for every city, yet. Because I so far have to do this manually, so the code base works, but isn't very comfortable. (how do i miss to use angular)

Capital City has some additional properties. Capital City consumes some goods to increase prosperity and security. These unlock some cool features (the bank, bank account interest and the museum, access to the cityguard) and the city terrain changes with each prosperity, building new roads, improving buildings etc. Security will have an effect on the guards that are summoned in capital city. Obviously, it is a bandit strategy to keep the security low and the prosperity high and ROB THE BANK :D. There is a special secret once the city reaches prosperity 14.

But this isn't all. Population will unlock some additional options, mostly weapons. With higher population more citizens are spawned in capital city, at least to create a feeling for a growing, crowded city. So far there is no effect of population on other cities, except that a low population of a faction will also reduce the number of citizens inside of it's capital. But factions and cities who reach population, will begin to expand on the worldmap, building new roads, found villages and even extend their territory. This is just 'make up', but looks cool. As you can shrink the population by enslaving citizens or worse recruiting armies, this will have an effect on the world maps and the progress of the faction as well.

Details for the production of goods, population, prosperity and security:
Spoiler:
Heindal

1.16.11 Halloween err Ascension Upgrade

Post by Heindal »

1.16.11 Lina and Tilda

"L I N A - visit my new store in the Craftsman District. Obviously I'm an amazing witch, after all I'm called Lina! We offer new products such as ascension disguises and illusions, which allow you to place YOUR ascension decorations of YOUR choice on the map or your living room. The first customers will receive a coupon for a for the new store 'Tildas Haircuts'. This is like beard, but ON your head. Yes, what else? AHHH I remember YES YES YEAAS! If you have any artifacts just crumble them to dust and bring them to me. It seems this powder has some cool spell-casting properties. YEAH! L I N A! Your choice for a great time. Powered by wisp entertainment."

It's this time of the year again and I hope you are all doing well, if not maybe I can entertain or distract you a little. All the best to you where ever and whoever you are. This update concentrates on bugfixes and some cosmetic features. I also added a toy to 'hack the combat system', you can now create an own summon spell of whatever unit you like, either from the core database (such as Yeti), but also summon any unit from the game, which should be fun.
Spoiler:

Version 1.16.11

> Fixes: Global event will now fire the 5 new events :p
> Fixes: Buy or sell 0 goods will no longer change the price
> Fixes: Shortened Array and Macros (pictures)
> Fixes: Transmutation will now show the alchemy skill correctly
> Fixes: Capital city was buying artifacts not artifact ;)
> Fixes: Fire rain scrolls now hurts all enemies.
> Fixes: Orcishsuperweapon Mission now has the correct objective
> Fixes: spiced-stew renamed to mulligan
> Fixes: Tavern now buys ice and booze
> Fixes: Medicine removes weak

New features:

> Redraw all gold from bank accounts or from the castle treasury

> New 'Nerks' for Diffuculties and selectable drawbacks for RPG Campaigns
>> Loner can not use mercs
>> Non Conformists can not take missions from cityguards or tradingguild
(this will however not prevent you to take missions from npcs and several organizations such as the city guard in frost city, which is required for the storyline)
>> Demonspawns can not visit temples
>> arachnophobia, ophidiophobia, necrophobia makes you weak when attacked by these monsters
>> Beserker renamed to 'reckless'
>> in RPG Mode each of these 'drawbacks' can grant unique boni

> disguises moved to Lina's Decoration in the Trading District
> Barber now allows to cut and change your beard
> Tildas Haircuts allows you to change your hairstyle

> Overworked lightning projectile for spellcasting

> alchemy: transmutate an artifact to artifact dust
> use artifact dust to
>> design an own summon spell that can cast anything (type in unit type)
>> uncurse equipment

> change the element of designable spells

> illusions allows the player to create and place own items with his own pictures

> new monsters - Sandspitter, Glass Slime in the Sandcave

> new images for pumpkins and more images on the worldmap during ascension

> the museum grants a skill learning bonus for each donated artifact
>> to learn a random skill, buy a ticket - you can learn sooo much in a museum!

> Desert Fire produces diamonds in a production run

> some improvements to texts and added some jokes
Heindal

Coding Advent Calendar - SL 1.16.3

Post by Heindal »

Maybe this is a stupid idea, but ... ok. There is a tradition I like about christmas and that's the advent calendar. Each day you open a new door and see something funny or suprising in it. Mostly chocolate. I will present new features of Strange Legacy in my calendar. I hope you enjoy it. The pictures will hopefully :P be updated daily. I don't want to spam and will just update this post.

Edit: 20/12/02 I thought about the idea and will add some source code, so that the entire thing isn't only fun, but might be useful.
Like a toy in a calendar ;). Feel free to use it, there will be more in the next days.

#1 The power of an array allows to create unique random trading options. An idea suggested by white haired uncle.

UniqueTradingOption.png

#2 And here is the source code for it. :P
Spoiler:

#3 Playing with this concept I can also check for prices in that array. I've created new gossips for the caravans and some of them are called "market information".
Market_Information.png
Imho I think arrays are a very good thing, when it comes to trading games and better than using objects, however I also made good experience with json objects and angular with which you can build trading games in a short amount of time. As there are many free tutorials for angular you can even learn that for free.

#4 While you think by yourself: "OH Heindal, you are great, this Christmas coding advent calendar is the best idea ever, you are looking soooo good, but something missing!", you are at least right of one thing (the other things are up for speculation). Your are right, something is missing! The source code of the array I used AND how the syntax (or the grammar) works. I'm honest, I don't like the way arrays are made in wml and this because I don't know how to handle them. This is due to the lack of examples, a classic problem when it comes to documentation, which is something different than an actual manual. But maybe I can something about that. Making an array in wml is rather easy. It goes like this:

Spoiler:
See you tomorrow.