1.12 SP Campaign, Fate of a Princess (& Northern Forces)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SkyOne

Re: 1.12 SP Campaign, Fate of a Princess

Post by SkyOne »

Hello,

Version 1.4.0 has been uploaded on 1.12 server.
On this version,
- the new big/background map, created by zookeeper, and the new travel routes have been installed.
- Elvish Recruit unit (level=0) has been polished (the animation and +2 XP)
- touched Cannon unit image
- polished the animations of Bison unit
- added pierce bow-attack on each of Southern Goblin and Southern Archer unit. So their ranged attacks currently are:
-- Southern Goblin; fire 5-3, pierce 4-3 (it was "fire 5-3" only)
-- Southern Archer; fire 6-4, pierce 5-3 (it was "fire 6-4" only)
- polished Unicorn units
- polished the animations for the most of Southern Orcs
- polished the animations for the most of HERO units, including a bug fixed (the melee-attack sound of Ishlars unit was for swords, instead of staffs)
- one each of the enemies on scenario 3 (Traveling North) and scenario 4 (A Man, an Elf, and a Diary) switched back to the original (Ogres <--> Dwarves). Because of no enemy leader for the Dwarves anymore on scenario 3, Traveling North, the ex-leader name, Zholas, has been used as side=1 Dwarvish Fighter on scenario 18, Hydra Cavern.
- and a few more minor touches

In addition, using the same big/background map, another campaign, the post story of Dorest humans, is ready to play, however, (because English is very far from my native language,) English in the dialogues is not really good enough to upload to the server. So I just post it here. Helping English of the dialogues after the second scenario will be a great appreciation (PMing me, posting here, etc..).

The campaign is called (the) Northern Forces, a human base at this time, and at the ending of the campaign, the story includes:
From Wesnoth Timeline, I wrote:417 YW
Ending years of strife and division, Garard I seizes the throne and becomes king of Wesnoth, beginning the Garardine Dynasty.
Unlike FoaP campaign, the game leader is also the story protagonist who can telepathically communicate with animals (so the recruitment lists are unique :) ), and in the middle of the campaign, he transforms to a Bone Commander.

17 battle plays and +2 scenarios, 19 total, are supposed to be playable all.
To play it, downloading the music folder, and dragging it into the campaign folder is recommended because of the size limit on the forum post.
required BfW version: (1.11.15 - 1.11.16, and) 1.11.18 or higher

EDIT: Northern Forces campaign has been uploaded on 1.12 server since jun, 29th 2016, started as version 0.5.0

thanks
Last edited by SkyOne on June 29th, 2016, 9:39 am, edited 11 times in total.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.12 SP Campaign, Fate of a Princess (& Northern Forces)

Post by doofus-01 »

Hi SkyOne,

Why are you starting a new campaign info-stream here? Start a new thread, it will make things less confusing in the long run.

Also, it might be better to keep the translation efforts for the new campaign out in the open (rather than PMs), just so all volunteers know where things stand, and don't get discouraged by contributing redundant efforts.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

doofus-01 wrote:Hi SkyOne,

Why are you starting a new campaign info-stream here? Start a new thread, it will make things less confusing in the long run.
Hi doofus-01,

Yeah, it was tricky for me to make the decision. If someone responds, I will make the new thread and ask a moderator to move some posts although you have responded already.:) Thank you! (otherwise, the new campaign will be just a bonus campaign.)
doofus-01 wrote:Also, it might be better to keep the translation efforts for the new campaign out in the open (rather than PMs), just so all volunteers know where things stand, and don't get discouraged by contributing redundant efforts.
Hopefully, it will be... The best for me is to encounter a particular person who can entirely work with me for the new campaign, like Simons Mith on FoaP and Sneezy on RotM (Sneezy also helped me the most on BW campaign).

But sure, first of all, here is the description on the main file and the pre-game storyline:
On the main file:
Spoiler:

The pre-game storyline:
Spoiler:
If anyone can help me even just these above, I will appreciate it. Either PMing me and posting here will be welcome.
Additionally, not only editing, but also rewriting dialogues will be very welcome, too.

thanks
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
ElvishThunderer

Post by ElvishThunderer »

If you still need help with the English in Northern Forces, I'm interested in helping out. Please let me know.
~ElvishThunderer :geek:
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

ElvishThunderer wrote:If you still need help with the English in Northern Forces, I'm interested in helping out. Please let me know.
~ElvishThunderer :geek:
Yes, it still pretty much needs the help of English.
Thank you for announcing. I appreciate it.:)

I will PM you to make sure how I can send you the scripts.
Even correcting English on a few scenarios, those will be great for me, and your name will be on the credit list of the campaign.
nvray

Post by nvray »

Just finished the Fate of a Princess campaign. Great storyline! It was a lot of fun to play through. Thank you for making it.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

nvray wrote:Just finished the Fate of a Princess campaign. Great storyline! It was a lot of fun to play through. Thank you for making it.
Hello nvray,

I appreciate your post. :D
All campaign creators are happy to hear these kinds of messages. Thank you so much.

The idea of this story was from my real life (then the same event as the story occurred in my real life after I published it), and mich and Simons Mith also made this campaign more enjoyable.

---
Anyway, this is an updated version, 0.0.7, of Northern Forces campaign that is the story of people in Dorest after FoaP and BW campaigns. Unfortunately, its English is still the same condition, but some other parts improved:
- changed the attack-type of the ranged attack for Combatant Archer line units from "pierce" to "fire", including the animations, and adjusted the damages and number
- made the color of L2 Puma unit lighter to distinguish better with its L1
- touched scenario 10, The Main Force and 12, The Coalition
- modified the portrait for the leader and the campaign image (made him younger to adjust to the story)
- added a portrait for Ambë (loyal puma)
- removed begin= and end= from the files --> EDIT: still a few left, but it does not affect on BfW 1.11.x anyway
Dragging this music folder (west's Homeward Bound is in) into the campaign folder is better (I thought maximum attachable size on each post is currently 8MB, but it seems more...).

EDIT: the campaign file has been removed because it has been on 1.12 server.
---------

EDIT:
there is a bug on the defense-aniamtion of female Vanguard and Pioneer units on FoaP campaign.
It will be fixed on the next version that is on the progress.

There is also another bug on the melee-attack animation of Pioneer unit (on both campaigns).
This fixed file is for FoaP campaign, but it also works on Northern Forces campaign.
Pioneer.cfg
(4.11 KiB) Downloaded 812 times

thanks
Last edited by SkyOne on June 29th, 2016, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

FoaP version 1.4.1 has been uploaded on 1.12 server.

The changes:
- including the bug fix (mentioned above), the unit files have been updated (removing begin= and end=).
- one frame has been added on each of the melee-attack animation for Snow Shaman, Frost Guardian, Lady Blizzard, Sword Drake, and Drake Swordmaster units.
- one frame has been polished on the melee-attack animation of Child Sorceress unit.
- the attack-type has been replaced from "impact" to "cold" on all of Snow Fairy's "freeze" attack.
- touched slightly on scenario 05b Mysterious Cave, 18 Hydra Cavern, and 22 Dragon Cave.

And this is updated version, 0.0.8, of Northern Forces campaign:
Northern_Forces.zip
(5.24 MiB) Downloaded 879 times
The music folder has been removed from the campaign folder because of the size-limit. So download and drag it from the previous post please.

The changes:
- ElvishThunderer's edited dialogues have been installed on the first two scenarios, including the pre-game storyline. ^_^
- fixed Pioneer's bug that mentioned on the previous post.
- removed one of Chocobone unit from the help menu (there were two previously).
- touched slightly on the first scenario, Training Beasts, and 7th scenario, Out of Control.
- polished slightly Zanvan's portrait.
--------------

A new version of FoaP campaign, 1.4.2, has been uploaded on 1.12 server since Oct, 27th.

thanks
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

As I have already mentioned above, FoaP version 1.4.2 has been on 1.12 server since Oct, 27th.
It is playable on BfW 1.11.13 - 1.11.16, and 1.11.18 +.

The changes on this update were mostly to modify the scenario and map on 05b Mysterious Cave and 22 Dragon Cave.
On the part-one, at least some of the side=1 units are usually loyalists, and HEROs are mounted. On the part two, there are Drakes in side=1. So the time areas of the INDOORS have been installed on both scenarios. It is just a part of the modifications on Dragon Cave scenario. It has actually been changed a lot.

The trap-door images (open and closed) have been replaced to dwarven-doors-like entrance-images on 05 In the Wild scenario.
In addition, the melee-attack animations have slightly been polished on Drake Lord and Royal Sorceress units.

Northern Forces campaign has also been updated (version 0.0.9).
At this time, I attach it on the first post of this page because it seems the most people downloaded it there, instead of the new posts.

Previously, the first scenario was a bit frustrating. The part on the new version, 0.0.9, is a bit better than it was on version 0.0.5 - 0.0.8. Actually, the scenario 1 to 13 have been polished on version 0.0.9.

However, English in the dialogues still needs a lot of help after the second scenario (scenario 2b and after) although the first two scenario, including the pre-game storyline, have been edited by ElvishThunderer. Those are actually very nice.

Here is scenario 2b, Elengavion, that expresses the post story of FoaP campaign, and dialogue only, between lord of Dorest, Rhygumyr, and lord Elengavion. I will appreciate if somebody makes it better (correcting the grammar, sentence structure, etc...):
Spoiler:
thanks
------------

EDIT:
- on FoaP camapign,
there is a bug on the defense of Drake Snowy (and Yeti) villages. It will be fixed on the next version.
The bug is very minor (not really effective) in this campaign, though.

Another EDIT:
- there has also been a bug that the BG-map does not show as well on the full screen mode of both campaigns.
It will also be fixed on each of the next releases.

------------

FoaP version 1.4.3 has been uploaded on 1.12 server since Nov, 25th.

On this version:
- a couple of bugs that I mentioned above has been fixed
- polished some scenarios and maps, especially 02 Escaping from Wesnoth and 09 Common Enemies, on the part-one
- installed the saurian flag, originally created by Neilarmius
- polished the melee-attack animation on Rogue Mage line units
- updated Yeti's village

-----------

Northern Forces version 0.0.10 has also been updated on Dec, 14th.
The BG-map shows as well on the full screen mode on this version, and touched on scenario 1, 3, and 4. The attack-icon for Water Savage unit has also been added. And a few more changes...

thanks
MerlinCross

Post by MerlinCross »

Hi, cool campagin thus far(though all the terrain that horses don't like, ugh). Currently on Battle 6. What's it mean by "The cannon has bombs for this map. Will throw one each time a melee attack is received" mean? It counter attacks any hits it takes? Well cool idea but could barely get the cannon into range before turn 7 if that's the case.

Edit: just beat that one. Was kinda funny to see the orcs get swarmed by lizards. Stuck on the next map though. Too fast I get stompped too slow, riders just ride past me.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

MerlinCross wrote:Hi, cool campagin thus far(though all the terrain that horses don't like, ugh).
Hello MerlinCross,

Yes, mounted units are kind of high resistances, except pierce attacks, so their defenses on each terrain are kind of low to be balanced.
MerlinCross wrote:What's it mean by "The cannon has bombs for this map. Will throw one each time a melee attack is received" mean? It counter attacks any hits it takes? Well cool idea but could barely get the cannon into range before turn 7 if that's the case.

Edit: just beat that one.
I think you have already gotten what it means.:)
MerlinCross wrote:Was kinda funny to see the orcs get swarmed by lizards.
In the set-up of this campaign during the early 3rd century of Wesnoth, Lizards are not really friends of Orcs yet (they will be friends in the 4th century).
That lizard-leader will appear 2-3 times more in the game later on, by the way.
MerlinCross wrote:Stuck on the next map though. Too fast I get stompped too slow, riders just ride past me.
Yeah, they are very fast. You need some mounted units and using ZOC.:)

Thank you for playing it and posting some comments, MerlinCross. :)

Anyway, the new version, 1.4.4, is planned to be uploaded in a few days, including updating French translations. But the changes are all minor, so crossing with the current version, 1.4.3, will be just fine.

--> EDIT:
Now version 1.4.4 has been uploaded on the server since Dec, 19th.

The changes are:
- updated French translations by pyrophorus (appreciate it :) )
- installed a music file, West's "Homeward Bound" (I actually had wanted to install this music into this campaign for long time.)
- edited the sampling of the music file, "The High Kings March" by West, to 44100Hz from 48000Hz to make the file run as the original speed
- edited scenario music on some scenarios
- polished scenario on 13 Over the Hills
- polished map (and scenario slightly) on 10 Childhood
- polished map on 01 Time to Leave and 11 Broken Treaty
- polished scenario slightly on 19 Eisheim and 20 Ice Monsters

thanks
taptap

Post by taptap »

Have you seen the new sprites for the rogue mage line? Please use them, they are beautiful.
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

taptap wrote:Have you seen the new sprites for the rogue mage line? Please use them, they are beautiful.
Sure, I will. But at this time, I only replaced their halo and projectiles. Thank you for the attention. :)

Saurian Guard and Champion have been updated on the new version. Also the standing and moving animations have been added on Dwarvish Noble and Warden units. The name, "Potion of HP" (blue-potion), has been changed to "Potion of Bull" (red-potion) on scenario 17_Mountain_Path, and heal_full=yes has been added when a unit takes it. And a few of minor bugs has been fixed on the new version, 1.4.5, that has just been on 1.12 server.

The Northern Forces campaign (version 0.0.11) has also been updated with a few changes on the top of this page.
A bug has been fixed on 15_Ending_the_Dark_Age scenario. (removed {WEAPON_SPECIAL_PLAGUE_TYPE "Soulless"} because the PLAGUE ability has been added to Soulless unit on the default.)
Some images have been updated, including Veryn's portrait.
BG-map with the travel markers has been used for the story-images.

=======================================

EDIT:

Version 1.4.6 has been uploaded on 1.12 server since Jun, 18th.
As taptap requested, the new unit-images of Rogue Mage line have been installed on this version, and the defense animations have been added on them (the other animations are not ready yet). German translation, translated by ossi1970, has been updated. The animations for Drake Alchemist has also been improved slightly (from Brave Wings campaign). In addition, scenario 03b Jealous Beast has been touched up.

========================================

EDIT:

Northern Forces campaign, version 0.1.0, has been updated since July 17th 2015 (on the top of this page).
A new unit, Mighty Troll, that advances from Hero Rocklobber, has been installed, and each of scenario 1, 4, 5, 6, and 7 has been touched up. Also, some terrains have been removed. So the version number raised from 0.0.11 to 0.1.0. It still need to be polished, especially English on the dialogues, after the second scenario, though.

========================================

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that the standing animation for Cannon unit has also been added on Northern Forces campaign. In addition, the ranged attack animations for the leader, Veryn, unit (L1 and L2) has also been added on its version 0.1.0.

thanks
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

The previous post is getting confusing, so I use the new post for noticing the update of FoaP campaign. That is: - version 1.4.7 has been uploaded on 1.12 server

The role of the Horse Archer unit had not been much on each scenario until the previous version, but since this version, the bolas attack with the special slow has been added on the unit. I think this addition removes some difficulty issues of the part one that have been reported on the forums and PM.:)

Other changes:
- French, German, and Japanese translations have been updated
- two portraits that are for Täkel (unicorn)* and Shoko (elvish shaman/druid/shyde)** units have been added
- the standing animation for Cannon unit has been added
- polished slightly Royal Sorceress's melee attack animation
- slight touches on scenario 03, Traveling North, 04, A Man, an Elf, and a Diary, and 20, Ice Monsters (they don't affect the game-play.)
- fixed a couple of minor bugs

* the unicorn portrait is: - modified default horseman.png
** the elvish druid portrait is: - modified kitty's druid02_424.png

P.S. the latest Northern Forces campaign is version 0.1.0 that has been attached on the top of this page.
And it still needs helps of English corrections after the second scenario.

-- EDIT: well, it seems there is a major bug on scenario 7b of Northern Forces campaign... I forgot to fix the map when the custom terrains were removed. The fixed version will be posted shortly with some other changes.

-- EDIT: the fixed version (0.1.1) of Northern Forces campaign has been posted on the top of this page since Aug, 24th 2015
Several changes included, so it is better than any of previous versions, I believe.
The changes:
Spoiler:
===============================

EDIT:
FoaP version 1.4.8 has been on 1.12 server since Sep, 16th.
It is a minor update that includes portrait modifications on baldres.png and hawclyn.png. And the small_portraits keys have been added for the necessary unit files. A minor bug has been fixed on each of scenario 21 and 22, but it doesn't affect the game play. French translation has also been updated on this version.

Northern Forces campaign version 0.2.0 has been updated since Nov, 2nd on the top of this page.
There are some major changes on the version, so the version number raised up to 0.2.0, instead of 0.1.2. It means that crossing with version 0.1.x is no longer available.

the changes:
- the leader unit starts from L0, instead of L1 (XPs are also changed)
- the scenario number has been changed from the third scenario
- one scenario, 11 The Ford of Thoria, has been added in the middle of the campaign for the story-detail
- the scenario names and IDs have been changed on 10th and 13th scenarios
- Bone Shaman and Sorceress units have been removed (because they are strange), replaced them to Bone Custodian and Boneguard
- added the units of Bonerider, Mounted Shooter, Skipper (spirit), Child Shaman, Young Shaman, Young Enchantress (elf), and Goldhorn
- the unit of Bone Transformer has been replaced to Shapeshifter
- added portraits for Falcon and Goldhorn
- some other minor changes...

thanks
GodlyDragon

Post by GodlyDragon »

Hi there, I just downloaded the lastest version of The Northern Forces and when I came to play it, there is this error message:

Impossible de charger cette(ces) extension(s) en erreur :
C:/Users/gilbert/Documents/My Games/Wesnoth1.12/data/add-ons/Northern_Forces/_main.cfg

Merci de fournir ces informations à l'auteur ou au mainteneur de cette extension.

Détails :

Macro/file 'NF_VICTORY_MESSAGES' is missing
at ~add-ons\\Northern_Forces\\scenarios\\08_Starting_Afresh.cfg:393
included from ~add-ons\\Northern_Forces\\_main.cfg:79

Could you fix it please? I'm eager to play to it ^_^