Troubles with commas

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Viliam
Translator

Post by Viliam »

silene wrote:neither ~ nor * nor ^ is usable in fact; we are a bit short on available characters...
Just out of curiosity - which symbols have special meanings in PO files, and what is the meaning? I guess it would be nice to see them all listed in one place. :wink:
silene

Post by silene »

Viliam wrote:Just out of curiosity - which symbols have special meanings in PO files, and what is the meaning?
The only symbol that has a special meaning with respect to .po files is "^", the prefix symbol. All the other symbols have a special meaning with respect to font rendering or text formatting though. Even some invisible characters have a special meaning (for example \t is the code for the color of the 9th team, rather unfortunate choice). The *only* remaining symbol is "=", so it is presumably the one that will be used instead of ",".
For the meaning of all these symbols, you will have to peruse through the code.
Viliam wrote:I guess it would be nice to see them all listed in one place. :wink:
I won't fall for this trap...
Lim_Dul wrote:Must it be a single character?
As it stands, it must be a single character in the lower end of the ascii subset (the part of the unicode characters that stand on one single byte).
silene

Post by silene »

Commas don't need to be escaped anymore. The new column separator is "=". I have removed the corresponding entry from the Wiki.