Half Civ era

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

enclave

Half Civ era

Post by enclave »

Ideas, bug reports, comments, bug fix codes here please. Thank you!
Last edited by enclave on November 24th, 2018, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choicerer

Re: Q CIV era

Post by Choicerer »

Okay. First off - my suspicion is you haven't declared some lua variables prior to using them in conditionals etc. In 1.13 it's a must.
Choicerer

Post by Choicerer »

Your main problem is a typo.
Qciv/macros/events.cfg

Line 600-601 reads:

Code: Select all

{VARIABLE $player[$side_number].research_upkeep 0}
{VARIABLE $player[$side_number].research_upkeep_real 0}
But it should read:

Code: Select all

{VARIABLE player[$side_number].research_upkeep 0}
{VARIABLE player[$side_number].research_upkeep_real 0}
(The value sign next to the variable names)

Your other problems seem to be image and formatting related.
Interestingly, my console will complain of a bunch of unit.variables. attributes and the config (custom option/slider) values being invalid, but the addon works just the same.
enclave

Post by enclave »

Thanks Choicerer! ;) Ill upload the first fix :D
Rezonus

Post by Rezonus »

Is the Clubman supposed to be able to upgrade into a Heavy Clubman once it's researched? Because if it is then it does not work as there is nothing to select in the upgrade menu.

When the player score box pops up at the end of a round it often has "The text contains Invalid markup" seems using <b></b> to bold text is the incorrect thing to write and <span color='#'></span> isn't correct either.

I don't know what you need to actually write for text to be bold or in a specific color but I will assume that since it's not doing either of those things that whats written is incorrect.
enclave

Post by enclave »

Rezonus wrote: May 13th, 2018, 3:02 pm Is the Clubman supposed to be able to upgrade into a Heavy Clubman once it's researched? Because if it is then it does not work as there is nothing to select in the upgrade menu.

When the player score box pops up at the end of a round it often has "The text contains Invalid markup" seems using <b></b> to bold text is the incorrect thing to write and <span color='#'></span> isn't correct either.

I don't know what you need to actually write for text to be bold or in a specific color but I will assume that since it's not doing either of those things that whats written is incorrect.
Hi Rezonus, thank you for your question :)
The clubman next upgrade will be "fighter" not heavy clubman... I know its a bit illogical... but there was a non-obvious reason for it.. it might change in future, maybe an option to upgrade to either heavy clubman or fighter... I'm not sure yet..

The scores problem is new for me.. I never seen this problem if only you are using a very old version of qciv? What version you have? When was last time you updated? If your version is latest and it still has this problem I will try my best to fix it, just let me know if it's same problem in latest version. Thank you!
Rezonus

Post by Rezonus »

Latest version of the mod I actually downloaded it about 2 hours ago. The scores problem doesn't apply when the "Largest Navy" is being displayed the player names actually show up in color
enclave

Post by enclave »

that's interesting, thanks very much I will look into it.

By the way if you know any specifics of game it could help too..
for example if you had any empty sides, or computer sides or human sides.. it might depend on that..
Rezonus

Post by Rezonus »

Doesn't matter if a player slot is empty.

Even if the match is entirely human players it still happens, doesn't happen when full of AI but then again the player score box doesn't even appear in an AI only match.
Rezonus

Post by Rezonus »

Just tried diplomacy for the first time, and in the diplomacy screen it has for player 2 and 8

The text contains invalid markup:<span color="><b>players name</b></span>.
enclave

Post by enclave »

Rezonus wrote: May 14th, 2018, 3:34 pm Just tried diplomacy for the first time, and in the diplomacy screen it has for player 2 and 8

The text contains invalid markup:<span color="><b>players name</b></span>.
Thanks very much for report. If you somehow able to upload the savefile with bug it could help. If not, don't worry, I will try to figure it out without savefile. Thanks again!
Rezonus

Post by Rezonus »

Just noticed in the player score screen for Most Workers. all players displayed have the invalid markup thing, but for player 8 it's different.

It just has <span color="> every one else has something like #FF5555 between the apostrophes.
Rezonus

Post by Rezonus »

I figured out the issue. It's entirely my fault.

I never considered the switch color mod was incompatible with this.

So sorry for wasting your time thinking there was something wrong with the mod.

I love this mod.
enclave

Post by enclave »

no problem Rezonus :) Now we know that switch color mod is incompatible ;) glad to hear that you like mod;)
I didn't have time to work on the problem, so I haven't started :) Your problem sounded like incompatibility with other addon but I wasn't sure.. so would need to investigate that :) Thanksfully you figured it out for us, before :) have fun;)
Rezonus

Post by Rezonus »

I have an actual issue this time.

I can start an alliance with another player, but I cannot end it. I open the diplomacy dialogue select the player I'm allied with and tell them I want to end the alliance. Come the turn the alliance should end it doesn't, so I open the diplomacy dialogue again select my ally, select offer/end alliance and there is only a back option.