Bloody Mod

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PapaSmurfReloaded

Bloody Mod

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

Bloody Mod is a mod causes units to sometimes bleed when hit and leave a pool of blood upon death, or other appropriate remains.

Created this topic for purposes of feedback.
Last edited by PapaSmurfReloaded on October 29th, 2018, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Re: Bloody Mod

New version of BM out, probably final, now the mod works properly.
Players may set the bloody decay speed with a slider before starting the game.
ghype

Post by ghype »

always interested into a more gory mod.
just tested it, at first glance it looks interesting, but the pile of bloods are placed at the center of the hex where it should actually played on the ground under the legs.
Also for some reason the blood looks a bitt too realistic, but guess thats a choice of artstyle
ghype

Post by ghype »

I was considering to make some more variations regarding the blood piles. Is that something you would be interested in ?
PapaSmurfReloaded

ghype wrote: November 4th, 2018, 7:35 pm I was considering to make some more variations regarding the blood piles. Is that something you would be interested in ?
There is an easy way to "make" more variations, rotating the images vertically.

Originally this began only with 2 pools of blood, the small one and medium, I created the third overlapping those 2 to make a third.
Then to add to some variability, pools and remains may appear as they normally do or flipped horizontally

I thought of adding more variability by flipping them vertically, and flipping them both vertically and horizontally. I could do it but I think it was fine was it was. :hmm:
ghype

Post by ghype »

I'd could easily do some more elaborated variations. I will post some later this day.

why i think more are necessary is in scenarios like WC II where you fight hundrets of untis, the piles could become very repetitive.

but more of a needed fix is the position of those blood piles. You could do that either with the code OR I could do that too, moving the blood pile image just more south.
ghype wrote: October 29th, 2018, 2:48 pm the pile of bloods are placed at the center of the hex where it should actually played on the ground under the legs.
PapaSmurfReloaded

ghype wrote: November 5th, 2018, 2:49 pm I'd could easily do some more elaborated variations. I will post some later this day.

why i think more are necessary is in scenarios like WC II where you fight hundrets of untis, the piles could become very repetitive.

but more of a needed fix is the position of those blood piles. You could do that either with the code OR I could do that too, moving the blood pile image just more south.
ghype wrote: October 29th, 2018, 2:48 pm the pile of bloods are placed at the center of the hex where it should actually played on the ground under the legs.
I'll see if I can do it this afternoon.
ghype

Post by ghype »

I checked the file ad they are indeed consisting of the same components. If I would want to make more variations of them I'd need some more time.

However, I found little time to at least reposition as they should be.
Attachments
bloody mod.zip
(23.78 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
PapaSmurfReloaded

ghype wrote: November 7th, 2018, 3:05 pm I checked the file ad they are indeed consisting of the same components. If I would want to make more variations of them I'd need some more time.

However, I found little time to at least reposition as they should be.
I did reposition them the other day (about 10 or 12 pixels below), however often I thought the bloodied hexes looked... just bad.
As well I did the vert and vert+horiz flipping idea to get more variations with the same result, it did not look good due to the light border of the images. It did not quite convince me.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Notice: If you have a version of this add-on that is older than 1.16.211110, please uninstall it manually by either via the add-on manager or by deleting the folder that contains it (it will be located within the Wesnoth add-on folder).

To fix an issue, newer versions of this add-on use a different folder name and ID. This means the older versions of the add-on will not be automatically deleted after downloading the one that is currently in the add-on server. There should be no interference between both versions but those have the older version may find themselves having duplicates after downloading the new one. Sorry for the inconvenience!