Now vote whos the best race!!!

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The Best race is....

Poll ended at July 15th, 2005, 10:17 am

Loyalists/Humans
24%
Rebels/Elves
41%
Northerners/orcs
10%
Undead
10%
Drakes/Saurians
15%

Total votes: 41

Martinus

Post by Martinus »

kangounator wrote:the undead because I can attack with really strong unit and with veryweak one (in french : chair à canon)
And in english it is?

I like every race. Last few games i played orcs,swarming the enemy is pretty fun:) especially when you got more villages
unsung

Post by unsung »

lz1kwk wrote:i think elves nobody really likes elvs
thats becuase they always lose outside of the forest. especially in the plains.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

unsung wrote:
lz1kwk wrote:i think elves nobody really likes elvs
thats becuase they always lose outside of the forest. especially in the plains.
They need to use healers and leadership to full advantage there. And flee if it's the enemy's favoured time of day/night. The fighters have a harder time dealing killing damage than other races, but you can recruit a mage to help with that. I don't think they always lose, in groups they complement one another much better than some factions.
unsung

Post by unsung »

not always but still they lose often especially when horsemen charge a group of fighters in the day.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

I like and i think the best are Loyalists!
Great Mage Nicolas
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

I love the elves (partially because I have improved them alot at home, (elvish trackerw/ upgrades, lancer, herbalist, and High Commander--ask if interested in any), but they do tend to lose to loyalists unless very well played--(a strong cavalry unit does help though)

If I was to really play against non-AI, i would use loyalists though.
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
unsung

Post by unsung »

it's like having a militia of people who aren' trained soldiers (the elves) against a conventional army with all the advantages that come with them. ( I view the loyalist6s like that becuase they are one of the few conventional armys in the game) its possible for the militia to win but only with luck a better commander and the right terrain.

there's only thre convemtional armys in the game or groups that are even close. The loyalists, elves and orcs. (makes for some truly fun and balanced multi) and the loyalits seem to be stronger than them both.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Weird, i really hate the 4-attack army that the Rebels are.

Oh god the memories...
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
unsung

Post by unsung »

you mean how those fighters go up to your level three units and whittle away health from the forest while you cant hit them after attacking them like 999999999999999999999 times?
I remember when I had that happen.
good times for the elves though!
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

Elves' melee attacks are weaker than others. Except when they can recruit woses, which is a nonsense against drakes.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Tux2B wrote:Elves' melee attacks are weaker than others. Except when they can recruit woses, which is a nonsense against drakes.
:?: , do you mean nuisance, or it's nonsensical?

Not trying to be harsh, just confused :mrgreen:
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

I mean woses are very very weak against drakes, because they have very very few defense against fire breath. :D
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
dark_whitecleou625

Elves the Best!!!

Post by dark_whitecleou625 »

I like the elves because they are in good def in almost everywhere in the terrains like mountains and forest.... Dwarves are high def in mountains but not good in forest....Humans are also good in Mountains but bad in forest and some of them cant definitely go there...I think most have have used most FOREST so I like elves.... :) :D
Please....I would like to appreciate to those who will mail me at dark_cleou93@yahoo.com something about WESNOTH!!!
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

I voted for elves just because I think they are cool But realisticially, I think that all the races are pretty much ballanced. What the main factor in any game is not the race itself but the player. For every advantage there is always a counter, and a counter to the counter, and so on. That's why Battle for Wesnoth is such a great game!
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
Tux2B

Re: Elves the Best!!!

Post by Tux2B »

dark_whitecleou625 wrote:Humans are also good in Mountains but bad in forest and some of them cant definitely go there...
Humans' mounted units can't go into the mountains.