Part I.: The Desolation of Karlag
Part II: The Blind Sentinel - You are here -
Part III: The Stone of the North
Part IV: The Invasion of the Western Cavalry
Part V: Fingerbone of Destiny
Campaign now completed. The story continues in The Stone of the North!
- Did you ever want to raise your soldiers on the battlefield, or punish those you are angry with by stripping them of their ranks?
- Did you ever wonder, what Wesnoth would sound like with soldiers literraly, "talking" to you, when you select them?
- Did you ever want to see a trebuchet in action? See Wesnoth's ranged attack truly ranged? As you select the catapult on one bank of the river, and without moving, blowing the fortress's wall into pieces on the other bank?
- Did you want to see the Battlships of Wesnoth in action again?
- Or do you want to see the corpses left behind on the battlefields return?
With The Blind Sentinel, you may try all these!
„Get mounted! Whatever the outcome shall be, it shall not frighten us, and we shall not retreat, nor surrender! Are we not king's men? Are we not Wesnothians? Then let us show them, what the warrior elite of Wesnoth can do!”
These were the last words of Draghornos, the mighty leader of the squad called 'Bloodswords'. They have never returned from their campaign to the north, except for a wounded horse, into which letters were etched, so that the bloody scars displayed a message. It stated:
„We reached past the orcish territories. We made it through the northern tribes. But we did not make it through the Blind Sentinel. All the men were butchered, no survivors remained, except for me. But I will not live, I have life-taking wounds. Thereby send I thee this message, and thus I let thee, whoever recieves it, know, that the Doom is approaching, and Wesnoth shall either vanquish it, and emerge gloriously, or shall break down under the attack, and shall fade away into the void.”
The king started looking for two questions; one, who is the Blind Sentinel; and two, what kind of doom is incoming.
And this is where our story begins, 17 years after the message, when one of the questions suddenly became answered...
Would you like to now who the Bloodswords are? Their story? Or do you want to know the treachery of the Blind Sentinel? Or should you want to know the sacred power of the Nightbrethren?
All of thy questions shall be answered in this campaign!
- Levels: Normal, Hard, Absurdity
- The return of the pickupable items.
- The return of ships in battles! Realistic warfare is postponed!
- Ranks' system, with 10 namable rank!
- Literally, 'talking' units! Available, but under development!
- Linear storyline
- New races
- 2 continents to conquer!
- Literally "ranged" attacks by catapults
Latest available version: 1.4.13, finished.
Upcoming: - Upon bug reports
- Japanese (full)
- Hungarian (very expired)
Any translators are welcome
Note: If you'd like to participate in translating work but don't know how to, feel free to pm me, and I'll gladly help.
- Underness Music Pack (additional music, download if you don't want silence on many maps They are apart, so that other campaign designers may use it at their will)
- Up until 1.4.10 it's crash-neccessary to have it. From 1.4.11 it is not.
The Blind Sentinel II - the Stone of the North campaign now published!
Do you want to know, what happened after this vast invasion?
Play The Stone of the North now!
Best wishes, thank you for playing The Blind Sentinel