- All content uploaded to the add-ons server must be licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). Make sure there is no content included which can’t be licensed under the GPL. If you are not familiar with the GPL license, read about it here: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
- Make sure that whatever content you upload actually works and doesn’t produce errors. You can upload works-in-progress, as long as they work.
- Fill in the title, version, author, description and type fields. The email field is not required, but useful in case the admins would ever need to contact you. The description field should contain a description of what the add-on is about. The type field should contain one of the predefined values.
- Use the standard version numbering scheme: 0.x or 0.x.y for incomplete versions and 1.x or 1.x.y only for versions which are complete (fully playable from start to finish without major problems). You can still attach other notes or labels of your choice, so versions such as “0.9.1 beta” or “1.1 (updated)” are fine.
- Make sure your add-on icon works. Use an image included with Wesnoth, not an image from your add-on.
- Don’t use colors or other text formatting in the title, version or author fields.
- Avoid gratuitous violence, sexuality, and mature themes in your content unless you give a word of warning about it which every player will see. By default content is expected to stay roughly comparable to PG-13 or ESRB T.
- Racist and inflammatory and other objectionable material will be removed from the server and possibly result in the removal of usage privileges.
- Add-ons published must be offered in good faith for all members of the community to enjoy. Punitive measures up to and including bans may be applied for violations of this principle, which include, but are not limited to, employing mechanisms having the purpose or function of doing any of the following to one or more specific person(s):
- give them any gameplay advantage or disadvantage,
- prevent or hinder them from playing, or
- insult or otherwise harass them.
Add-ons not adhering to the above rules may be deleted without warning.
2014-06-13 — added point 9, addressing code that targets specific person(s)