[Complete] WTT : Wesnoth Time Twister, a 1v1, 1.9 tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

soul_steven

Re: WTT : Wesnoth Time Twister, a 1v1, 1.9 tournament

Post by soul_steven »

still no word from him ( or anyone else for that matter regarding this tourney) is anyone still alive and is this thing still going on :mrgreen:
Kolbur

Post by Kolbur »

The new development version 1.9.12 has a first workaround fix for the mp bug so I suggest everyone gets it. :wink:
The bug is not completely fixed yet, but when the situation occurs the disconnecting side will be properly initialised (so no missing mps) for the new controller. Observers will get OOS errors though, this can be prevented by reloading.
No save repairing is needed anymore.
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Sorry SS, I've been a bit busy over the last few days.
I was hoping to see a bit more activity after I extended the group phase but it seems some players aren't bothered to finish their games. I'm not going to make any decisions until monday, but assuming nelson doesn't play any more games I'm going to have award his final games to his opponents. Since this isn't fair on the people he defeated in previous games I'm also going to give the other players the points.
Even if four points was enough to put nelson into the top 3, I can't put an inactive player through to the next round.

It looks quite likely that I'll have to do the same thing regarding Kira1 and gregorak.

Again I'd encourage any other players in group Bode who want extra points to be in the top 3 to PM their opponents and try to arrange the games over the weekend. And again cc me on the pm's so I know to give you the points if there's no response.

Any update on the group Centauri games?

Me and Rene had to postpone on Wednesday and are starting now on 1.9.12.

I hope when we get to the next round we'll have weeded out all the inactive players and these problems will be finished :wink: .

To echo Kolbur; Everyone should have upgraded to 1.9.12 by the start of the next phase of the tournament(Monday).
Faello

Post by Faello »

I'll probably play game with elido this Sunday between 15 - 22 GMT , he seems to be avaible this weekend.

I'm not sure about game with Cackfiend, he wrote me that he is avaible between 4AM and 9AM of my time everyday but it's impossible for me to play at that time during the week and it's unlikely during the weekend (anybody that likes to play tournament games at 7:00 AM in the morning, hands up)

Generally speaking I thought about playing Cackfiend between 17 - 22 GMT this weekend to make it comfortable for us both. I can say that I'll be there and it's up to him if he'll show up.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

Well I did play two games at 6AM in the morning...

Kolbur: does the replay get messed up too? Because in that case it's even worse it's not like MP bug is a big problem anyway (it can be fixed easily bey reloading replay, saving at end of turn and passing turn again).
Gragorak

Post by Gragorak »

Gragorak vs. szdik570 will be played tomorrow (saturday) on server3 at 18.30.
Faello

Post by Faello »

csarmi wrote:Well I did play two games at 6AM in the morning...
Good for you. I'm not interested.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
The Black Sword

My game with Rene finally finished yesterday, I think it's been the longest game of the tournament so far...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
So Group Andromeda is officially the first group to finish!
Attachments
2p_—_Weldyn_Channel-Auto-Save47.gz
(57.24 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
Gragorak

Post by Gragorak »

Gragorak vs. szdik570 just ended.
Spoiler:
Attachments
Gragorak_vs._szdik570_WTT.gz
(22.96 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Huumy hasn't replied to the first pm (nov 11) either, and the recent one (dec 3) is still in the outbox folder.
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

Spoiler:
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Gragorak vs Dauntless will be played tonight, from 8 pm GMT :)
The Black Sword

Well, I have to say, I'm glad to be proven wrong about group Magellanic :) .
I think Kira has also played szdik too, which would just leave Gregorak vs Kira ...
Would be nice if he could post here and clear the whole issue up though :wink: .
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

Hello WTT! Although I have not been participating due to my limited time and such, I am glad to see that this wonderful tourney is still going strong!
I once again would like to apologize for not being able to compete in this fabulous tournament! I would have very much liked to, but other real-world matters needed to be attended to, and I was unable to play Wesnoth most of the time with limited Internet time. I feel terrible for forgetting my responsibility as a member of the WTT, and hope that none of you hold this against me as a Wesnoth player or as a person.
I thought I would send this post to all of you to tell you how very sorry I am for not being able to participate and my ignorance in not telling you all sooner! I am posting this in case some of the players missed my last announcement.
Thanks,
GMA
peace

Post by peace »

csarmi wrote:
Spoiler:
Posting the replay of this game.

I'm glad I finished all my games now, as I don't have as much time as I should have to hang around wesnoth all the time. I won't be online as frequently now as before taking some kind of semi wesbreak.
Thanks to all my opponents for the games. Have a nice tournament, advancing players and observers.

Peace be with you.
Attachments
Caves_of_the_Basilisk_peace_vs_Kira1.gz
peace (Loyalisits) vs Kira1 (Drakes)
(32.29 KiB) Downloaded 308 times