About a problem with a map I am making

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheLoyalist

About a problem with a map I am making

Post by TheLoyalist »

Ok, I am not sure if this is the right place to put this issue, but I was hoping to turn an existing map into a scenario. But it seems to me I can't make my already existing map a scenario. I then tried to copy and paste my map into a new scenario, but it is simply too big. How big? Big enough that my computer lags far too much. I had to change the config file to have enough room. The idea was to have a sort of open world like thing going on with entries into other scenarios in the campaign littered around a country sized world like a hub. Aaaaaanyhow that's beside the point. I kinda wanna use the editor to work on the scenario for unit placement to save work, any idea of a way to turn my map into a scenario? Would the editor recognize it if I manually created the scenario then re-entered the editor? The immediate need for it being a scenario is so that I can use lables to make spacing things out easier (I'm pulling locations from a series and have a poor sense of space on this scale).
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: About a problem with a map I am making

Post by Pentarctagon »

You're going to need to provide more information. What OS are you on? What editor are you using for the scenario coding, since Wesnoth's map editor should be all you need for the map-making part of it? Can you upload the map and scenario that you have so far?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Tad_Carlucci
Inactive Developer

Re: About a problem with a map I am making

Post by Tad_Carlucci »

Sounds like he's trying to do an entire world map.

Before uploading, how about posting the file size?

I'm thinking you're trying to copy-and-paste several mega-bytes and exhausting memory, causing your system to start swapping. (Yes, even Windows can go into heavy memory swapping.) If so, your choices are: close programs and stop services, add memory, cut the file or operation up into smaller parts, wait a while (could be a day or two if it's HUGE).
I forked real life and now I'm getting merge conflicts.