Campaignserver crash and lost content

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Campaignserver crash and lost content

Post by ivanovic »

Hiho!
The campaignserver for the dev branch just had some kind of crash/problem/whatever that did wipe clean the index file listing all the campaigns/passphrases whatever. This file is not restorable and so the campaignserver status itself (download numbers, authors, package names, and such) can not be restored. In theory I still have some access to the campaigns them self but restoring the server is not possible. (No, I will not send single stuff from the server to you if you ask me...)

But eventually I wanted to cleanup the server anyway and now this has happened "automatically" by some strange error, so this ain't too bad...

Please upload all your 1.3.6 content you want to the restarted server. But please make sure it really is compatible with 1.3.6.

Before you ask: No, I have no idea if such a bug will occur again because I have no idea what exactly did happen.

PS: The server for the stable version seems to not have any problem and I will backup the indexfile to allow restoration if the same problem occurs for this one, too.