Programming porblems

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Port5

Programming porblems

Post by Port5 »

So yeah, I'm studying programming in high school and thought it would be fun if I tried making a small campaign for BfW to kinda see how it works. I finished working on the map, downloaded wesnoth_umc_dev and python 3.6.0, imported the campaign scenario file and instantly after cause an update by trying to add description three errors occure. If I'm doing it wrong please stop reading at tell me. But anyway I'm still fairly new to this and don't know how any of this works but hopefully with your help and by reading the official guide's I'll somehow make it work.
So these are the errors:

current_time=0

missing EOF at 'current_time'

map_data="border_size=1

mismatched character ',' expecting set null [also half of the map terrain codes are underlined red and when I click the red box on the right it gets highlighted so does that mean that I have to check every single one to make sure that they're all correct? If it's necessary I'll upload the entire map chart]

type="Dark Sorcerer"
unrenamable=yes
x=1
y=1
[/unit]
[/side]

type=" is in blue font
Dark Sorcerer is in black font
The rest is in black font and underlined red
I've tried using the font color and underline text feautre but they don't appear to show in the preview so I didn't.

If that isn't enough I'll try to upload the entire cfg file so hopefully this can get resolved.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Programming porblems

Post by Ravana »

I find it unlikely that wesnoth_umc_dev would be reliable for current wesnoth version.

I suggest you use text editor of your choice. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13799
Port5

Re: Programming porblems

Post by Port5 »

Alright I'll give it a shot, thanks