Could someone update the Create guides?

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Could someone update the Create guides?

Post by zookeeper »

Code: Select all

id=Journey_to_the_West		//for savefiles
	name = _"Journey to the West"
	abbrev=_"JttW"				//heading for savefiles
// doesn't denote a comment in WML, # does... so most likely the game chokes on those when trying to create the savefile.
fredbobsmith2

Post by fredbobsmith2 »

:oops: It works now, thanks for pointing that out.
fredbobsmith2

Post by fredbobsmith2 »

Next issue, how do you make a unit appear on a hex that isn't a keep? I'm trying to get a leader to appear on the board, then walk to a keep.

Looking at HttT: Isle of Alduin, this code is used:

Code: Select all

[move_unit_fake]
            type=$konrad_store.type
            side=1
            x=30,29,28,27,26,26
            y=11,11,11,12,12,13
        [/move_unit_fake]
What I don't know is what the konrad_store part means, is that a class or a variable or what? Is it actually necessary to make a fake unit first, because I see in DiD: Alone at Last, that the code makes the real unit, then moves them.
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

fredbobsmith2 wrote:Next issue, how do you make a unit appear on a hex that isn't a keep? I'm trying to get a leader to appear on the board, then walk to a keep.
Set the starting location in the map editor, then use [wiki=DirectActionsWML#.5Bmove_unit.5D][move_unit][/wiki].
fredbobsmith2 wrote:What I don't know is what the konrad_store part means, is that a class or a variable or what? Is it actually necessary to make a fake unit first, because I see in DiD: Alone at Last, that the code makes the real unit, then moves them.
It's a variable. WML doesn't have classes. Look above the [wiki=InterfaceActionsWML#.5Bmove_unit_fake.5D][move_unit_fake][/wiki] for a [wiki=InternalActionsWML#.5Bstore_unit.5D][store_unit][/wiki] and below it for an [wiki=DirectActionsWML#.5Bunstore_unit.5D][unstore_unit][/wiki].