Dark Elves

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PA

Post by PA »

:wink: :D :wink:
I like your ideas

I will help you to create the graphics
:)
Avenger Patrick
ILikeProgramming

Post by ILikeProgramming »

How about this revision of the dark elf warrior?
Attachments
Is this better?
Is this better?
dark_elf_warrior2.PNG (2.11 KiB) Viewed 4163 times
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

No need to. Warrior King has already done the revisions. We were going to wait until he had completed all of the attack, defense, and death frames, but I don't want anyone to do unecessary work. Here is the fighter line so far.
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

We have the attack and defense frames for the Fighter done, but I don't know how to post them animated. The Death frames are almost done, just two more to go. As soon as I learn how to post them animated, I will do so. You'll just have to wait :wink:

Faello

Post by Faello »

At the beginning I would like to say "Hi" everybody on this forum :)

I'm fan of this game since yesterday ( because I f found out about this game yesterday :D ) and I think it's awesome. But I also would like to see Dark Elves in it - every important race is already in Wesnoth so I think that DE should also be in this game.

Your projects are awesome, so I have question to you:

Will DE be an "official" race in the next version of "Battle for Wesnoth" ?

...and second is ( I know it is n00b question :oops: ) where I can create my own units ?
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
allefant
Units Database Administrator

Post by allefant »

Assassin: The 3 pictures you posted are in PSD file format, so maybe you could either rename them to have .psd extension, or save in .png format? It would make it easier for me (and probably other linux-firefox users) to view them.

Edit: Oh, and two post them animated, simply export as .gif, I'd guess PhotoShop supports it, since Gimp does as well.
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

Faello wrote:...and second is ( I know it is n00b question :oops: ) where I can create my own units ?
You have to draw te graphics with an art program, then you have to make a .cfg file about the unit. The .cfg file contains of the unit data (name, race, id, attacks, resistances etc.). Simple answer to your question: there is no special tool for making units.
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Faello wrote:Will DE be an "official" race in the next version of "Battle for Wesnoth"
Almost certainly not... most developers (me included) don't like the idea of dark elves. It seems to me that they only serve to add "diversity for the sake of diversity".

BUT...

There will probably be a User Made Campaign, which you can download on the campaign server, that uses dark elves.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

here they are in .png format. I thought they were, don't know what happened.

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

He... uh... loses a crossbow?

If you're going to give him a sword when he levels, he shouldn't have anything in his secondary hand to start with.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

turin wrote:
Faello wrote:Will DE be an "official" race in the next version of "Battle for Wesnoth"
Almost certainly not... most developers (me included) don't like the idea of dark elves. It seems to me that they only serve to add "diversity for the sake of diversity".

BUT...

There will probably be a User Made Campaign, which you can download on the campaign server, that uses dark elves.
I don't think that they will be added even if we make this awsome campagin and the graphics are fantastic. We're still going to do the best we can, and I think we've made good progress.

If anyone wants to attempt to draw a figure, try to draw the leader. He has a sword and a weak magical attack. It is similar to the Elvish Lord and High Lord, you can use that as an example, but don't just change the colors.

Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Ok, this may be rude, specially since you already made various graphics, but...use Shadow's style.

Just for the awesomeness of it, and because it looks more elvish and closer to the idea of a lunar elf skin being pale (in fact, it is like his ''nightelf'' was a branch that separated from the High Elves).

In the end, it's your call, but i would like to see that style.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Belwar

Post by Belwar »

hey nicolas i like your sorceress pic it looks pretty cool and with your permission we might be intrested in using it in our campaign.
Bivrip!!

plese do not yell at me for any misspelled errors!
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

Belwar wrote:hey nicolas i like your sorceress pic it looks pretty cool and with your permission we might be intrested in using it in our campaign.
no no no no no! We don't like it Belwar. It is only a remake of the Elvish Sorceress, that's all. We will be using that picture as a sort of guide, but it looks too holy to be evil.

It has red hair it should have black, her dress is grey, she should have a brown/green tight robe. She isn't holding a mace, and her face looks innocent. It is a good start, but far from finished.

Don't take this the wrong way nicloas, I'm just being critical cause I have to be. :)

turin: They branch off into a seperate line, one that shoots poisoned darts from the mini-cross bows. We haven't finished the art work on that side yet, we're just trying to finish the sword dudes first.

Cuyo Quiz: That is the style we're trying to go for. The hair we have is too straight, the clothes have that ragged look to them, and their stances look more finese. What we have is what we are looking for, a bunch of tough guys fighting in an organized mob. We used the night elf to get the look we were looking for, but it looks too much like a forest elf to be used as a Dark Elf. Although.....he might work if we tweak him...yah....maybe he could be used as the Lord. Hmmmm.....have to work on this.

Faello

Post by Faello »

Assasin wrote:
turin wrote: Almost certainly not... most developers (me included) don't like the idea of dark elves. It seems to me that they only serve to add "diversity for the sake of diversity".

BUT...

I don't think that they will be added even if we make this awsome campagin and the graphics are fantastic. We're still going to do the best we can, and I think we've made good progress.

If anyone wants to attempt to draw a figure, try to draw the leader. He has a sword and a weak magical attack. It is similar to the Elvish Lord and High Lord, you can use that as an example, but don't just change the colors.
IMO Dark Elves are really cool - Wesnoth has almost every of the most important races - but no DE. I think that DE could have quite interesting units and they could give a new dimension to the game.

If it is going about DE image - I think that white hair would be more cool than dark, also skin should be rather dark - DE had pale skin in games such as Age of Wonders - they much look better with the dark skin. ( generally W III Night Elves and Age of Wonders DE suxx in comparision with D&D DE/Drows ). But that's your job and I'm more than sure that you will do everything nicely - good luck guys :D
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.