The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Runewars is a board game that seems to me to be the closest board game to Wesnoth.
- First off, the map is made of hexes. You and the other players make the board every game.
- There are four factions, so four players can play. They are humans, elves, undead, and demons (pretty much orcs).
- Towns are scattered on the map that give you resources.
- You have strongholds where you recruit units.
- There are heroes that do quests and get special items to improve their weapons.
- The fighting is a combination of luck and strategy. You move a number of units into a space with enemy units. Then you draw a number of cards based on how many units you have. Each card has different damage values.
- Matches can take forever. A typical game takes 8 hours.