Idea:Avatar Battle

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

ubertuna-1 wrote:btw, this is my 100th post YAY!!!
Reasons you shouldn't give a ****.

(Besides the obvious point that having a high post count doesn't get you any sort of reward, honor, or recognition. ;) )
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
ubertuna-1

Post by ubertuna-1 »

turin wrote:
ubertuna-1 wrote:btw, this is my 100th post YAY!!!
Reasons you shouldn't give a ****.

(Besides the obvious point that having a high post count doesn't get you any sort of reward, honor, or recognition. ;) )
I don't care about reward, recognition, etc. I am just happy cause i have 100 posts. 101 now.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

ubertuna-1 wrote:I don't care about reward, recognition, etc. I am just happy cause i have 100 posts. 101 now.
I'm gonna guess you didn't click the link. Otherwise you would know why you shouldn't celebrate having 100 posts (as opposed to, say, 64 posts, or 2039 posts).

To make my point clearer - wouldn't you find it a bit odd if I suddenly put at the end of my post

WoOt! 10754 posts! I r teh 1337!

:P
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Post count makes no odds anyway. Post content is what is important. Quality>quantity.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

lol avatar wars should just be the old school avatar wars...though they tended to favor the more artistic people <_<

I'm thrawn. I don't fight, but in the end it turns out I caused you all to fight... I am secretly the OP (original poster <_<)
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
ubertuna-1

Post by ubertuna-1 »

thespaceinvader wrote:Post count makes no odds anyway. Post content is what is important. Quality>quantity.
I know that! I don't care about getting large numbers of posts. I just thought it was cool that I reached 100. For god's sake...
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

My avatar... oh well, play IftU and you shall know.*

* Invasion from the Unknown

EDIT: note, in my avatar I'm the shady guy at the right of the firestock, with blue robes. Don't mistake me for the little vermin at the left of Elynia. Neither mistake me with the elven lass, I'm a man.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Here are seriously meant status values for a "Clonkinator"-unit:

Level: 1 (max. 3)
HP: 31 (->37 -> 44)
XP: 47 (->115 -> AMLA)
MP: 6 (->6 -> 6)
Defense/Movetype: lightfoot (with 70% at villages)
Resistances: Bl -30 / Pi -30 / Im -30 / Fi 10 / Co 10 / Ar 50
Attacks:
4-4 Iron Sword (Melee blade counter*) (->6-4 ->9-4)
9-1 Throw Rock (Ranged impact) (->15-1 ->22-1)

*Counter-Special: This unit gets another swing itself for each successful hit of the enemy.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

My avatar is powered by the Holy Symbol of Elder Wesnoth, and by the Church of Free Software.
My HP is my post number^number of years I've spent on this forum
For the rest, I have 100-1, blade attack (melee), with bersek.
I can also freeze you using the Holy Powerof of Elder Wesnoth, which will turn your unit into stone (even better than the cockatrice!)
Finally, I am invisible in snow and ice, and have regeneration.

In order to make it balanced, I have only 3 movement points whatever the type of hex is.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Actually, I've decided that my avatar is a single unit, called "Campfire-man", with 100 movement points. And attacking doesn't reduce my movement to zero. And my weapon? A 1000-5 magical attack of range "long".

That's right, long. Unless you're using an old version of Wesnoth you can't retaliate against me. 8)
The World of Orbivm
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

turin wrote:Actually, I've decided that my avatar is a single unit, called "Campfire-man", with 100 movement points. And attacking doesn't reduce my movement to zero. And my weapon? A 1000-5 magical attack of range "long".

That's right, long. Unless you're using an old version of Wesnoth you can't retaliate against me. 8)
I'll have to summon the Rune of Ancient Wesnoth :

"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Tom of wesnoth

Post by Tom of wesnoth »

My real unit stats is:

Dark warrior
Level 1(max 3)
29 hp(then 45 then 56)
45 ex(then 90 then 150)
Skirmisher,Rock hide*
Dark small knife 12-6 Blade backstab
Dark axe 22-3 Blade Dread
Dark blast 5-5 Cold magical
And can recruit dark slave(15 hp no advancement Slaves blade 5-7)

*It is like ambush but in rocky teritrain(eg rockbound cave)
Last edited by Tom of wesnoth on October 9th, 2007, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If i could i would turn into a world ruler!
unsung

Post by unsung »

turin wrote: That's right, long. Unless you're using an old version of Wesnoth you can't retaliate against me. 8)
I'll just use a few lavinians from a few IE versions back- so I can retaliate just... nobody else. :D

Well, I'd be able to recruit legion units, Saving elensfar units, dwarves, Loyalists and have the power of BANNED.

It allows me to 'quit' at any time, making it impossible to kill me, however, I must comeback with a unit named unsung_REVENGE and either immediantly kill you, or be banned again.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
major_sephiroth

Post by major_sephiroth »

Arms race much? Maybe a Noob faction, with a little known (and proud of it) Elvish Knight.
"Tell me what you cherish most, give me the pleasure of taking it away!" --Sephiroth FF7:AC
ubertuna-1

Post by ubertuna-1 »

Clonkinator wrote:*Counter-Special: This unit gets another swing itself for each successful hit of the enemy.
Problem: What if one Clonk fought another Clonk? Guess it would just be like a berserker attack...