This campaign is the immediate sequel to Invasion from the Unknown.
After the Emperor of Chaos was defeated, the free civilizations of the Great Continent hoped that his followers would abandon the ongoing war. Meanwhile, Galas and his unlikely band of heroes head back to the northern lands to request aid for their next journey.
Later, the Chaos Empire still manages to make a stand against its enemies. While the Grand Council is preoccupied with more pressing matters, the fragile alliance of the peoples of the Far North is threatened by a new, mysterious leader who seeks to invade their defenseless lands.
(Intermediate level, three separate episodes with 13 scenarios each.)
- Latest campaign release: 0.9.1 (release notes)
- Latest music package release: 0.2.0
This campaign is intended to work with Wesnoth 1.10.x only. Wesnoth 1.10.6 is highly recommended.
Support for Wesnoth 1.11.2 is currently highly experimental, and you should report any problems you find in this topic. Previous development versions are NOT supported.
Translating this campaign is by no means an easy task. A few things to keep in mind:
- The 1.10 and 1.11/1.12 versions of the campaign are identical, using conditional code to keep compatibility for both versions. You should translate only one version of the campaign and then ask the WesCamp admin(s) to copy the strings over to the other version.
- Especially later on, there are many non-visual cues indicating the mood of a scene or a line as spoken by a character. While reading the WML or playing the campaign helps, there are also many gettext comments scattered through to help with this. If you are using poedit or similar, you should be able to see the comments or annotations attached to a particular line (msgid), as well as the source file path(s) and line number(s).
- Many lines are deliberately vaguely worded in the English original. You may find relevant comments or annotations, or you may ask in this forum topic for help.
- Only complete translations will be included with the campaign. You should notify me in this topic once your translation is listed as such in http://gettext.wesnoth.org/.
This section is here for people interested in the campaign’s development history. If you do not count yourself amongst that crowd, you may skip it.
- Version 1.0.0 (future milestone, no ETA for the moment) — first balanced and art-complete version
- Version 0.9.0 (2013-03-05) — first complete version
- Version 0.8.0 (2012-05-17) — first three scenarios of E3 published
- Version 0.7.0 (2012-01-17) — E2 completed, first complete version before E3 became a 1.0.0 goal instead of 2.0.0
- Version 0.6.0 (2011-12-09) — first three scenarios of E2 published
- Version 0.5.0 (2011-10-16) — E1 completed
- Version 0.1.0 (2009-02-06) — first three scenarios of E1 published
- Version 0.0.0 (2008-05-17) — development started