multiplayer still has horrid problems!!

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
murgatroid

multiplayer still has horrid problems!!

Post by murgatroid »

* First - lag. Lag, laggy, lag. I mean it is so syrupy slow to scroll through the lobby, that it can sometimes take 30 seconds to grab scroll bar and get it to move at all.
* Second- "no multiplayer sides". Oh come on!!! Why is it that %40 of the time, you get this error when there are plenty of slots left? and why does "join as observer" get you in everytime?

....at least the OOS errors seem to be gone.
murgatroid

oh yeah, details

Post by murgatroid »

I'm playing 1.2.1, I run mac osx.3.9, I have an ibook g4, with lots of ram.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

bug #2 is already fixed and performance issue #1 should be fixed soon.

and OOS, well... Yogi Bear could tell you more about that.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
murgatroid

Post by murgatroid »

hi sapient...what do you mean that the "no multiplayer sides" bug is fixed? It happens all the time in 1.2.1
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

The 'no multiplayer sides' bug is fixed in 1.2.1+svn, which means you'll probably get the fix with the upcoming 1.2.2 release next weekend. If you can't wait that long check out the 1.2 branch from svn and compile it yourself.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
murgatroid

thanks!

Post by murgatroid »

Thanks for the update, Soliton!
Duffchong

Re: multiplayer still has horrid problems!!

Post by Duffchong »

murgatroid wrote:* First - lag. Lag, laggy, lag. I mean it is so syrupy slow to scroll through the lobby, that it can sometimes take 30 seconds to grab scroll bar and get it to move at all.
In recent months there have been a lot more players on the server at a time. In my experience, the lobby interface only gets frustratingly laggy when the number of players logged on reaches a critical point. I'm not sure what that point is. Right now I am logged on with about 35 other players, and it is running smooth as buttercream.

-EDIT- When I wrote this, I missed Sapient's point about the performance issue being worked on. Makes this post sort of moot.
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

I just posted an update about the lag issue here http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 455#215455