Bugs in 0.7.2

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
raxas

Bugs in 0.7.2

Post by raxas »

1. New cursor is sloppy moving, mainly in recall dialog. It hurts playing experience comparing to previous versions. My card is VooDoo3/AGP, latest Xfree from Mandrake cooker, latest SDL. I keep previous versions of wesnoth around, no problems with same config.

2. In orc campaign, I can recall a new clone copy of all the shamans :!:
miyo

Re: Bugs in 0.7.2

Post by miyo »

raxas wrote:1. New cursor is sloppy moving, mainly in recall dialog. It hurts playing experience comparing to previous versions. My card is VooDoo3/AGP, latest Xfree from Mandrake cooker, latest SDL. I keep previous versions of wesnoth around, no problems with same config.
Is it any better if you change back to old cursor in preferences?

- Miyo
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I think I'll make the black & white cursors the default to head off users having trouble.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
mezz

Post by mezz »

I like old cursor a lot better, because it's faster than colours cursor. The colours cursor is too slow to move.
KK_r

Post by KK_r »

And the aren't very pretty (sorry who ever made them)
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

I like the coloured cursors. But I have noticed a slight slowdown, and I'm on a fast system. Are they that processor-intensive?
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Gafgarion

Post by Gafgarion »

I think color cursors should just be dropped all-together... They're ugly and they significantly deteriorate performance.
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Ave

Post by Ave »

You can turn them off. Actually i like the cursors, except the hourglass.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Let's have the cursors off by default. I think they're quite attractive, but they don't have to be "standard" Wesnoth.

On another note: I'm having difficulty saving my games. After completing Mountains of Haag in the Orc campaign, I'm prompted whether I'd like to save, and then told "the game cannot be saved" when I say yes. I've tried clearing out a bunch of saves in case it needs room in the folder (I've got 4.7 GB of space on my HD), but it doesn't seem to help.

I'm running OS X, version 10.3.3 - any ideas?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I like the coloured cursors personally - I think they look better than the black and white ones, and they have no noticeable effect on performance for me (and I don't have a fast machine by any means).

But, I concur that it's better to have slightly uglier cursors than have some users find their first (and perhaps subsequently last) Wesnoth experience to be frustrating and awkward. So, off by default it is.
Sangel wrote: On another note: I'm having difficulty saving my games. After completing Mountains of Haag in the Orc campaign, I'm prompted whether I'd like to save, and then told "the game cannot be saved" when I say yes. I've tried clearing out a bunch of saves in case it needs room in the folder (I've got 4.7 GB of space on my HD), but it doesn't seem to help.

I have no idea why this would be. Sithrandel?

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Star Gazer

Post by Star Gazer »

Sangel wrote:On another note: I'm having difficulty saving my games. After completing Mountains of Haag in the Orc campaign, I'm prompted whether I'd like to save, and then told "the game cannot be saved" when I say yes. I've tried clearing out a bunch of saves in case it needs room in the folder (I've got 4.7 GB of space on my HD), but it doesn't seem to help.

Hi, I'm getting the same problem as Sange, only running in 10.2.8.

The only way I was able to continue the game was to restart, and then the saves were available again. Again, disk space didn't seem to be the issue, I have 100GB+ spare.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Unfortunately, a restart hasn't helped me. I've tried wiping all my Mountains of Haag save games and redoing from start, but I still can't save. After going through it saving every turn, it seems I can't save after Turn 14, for some bizarre reason, or at any stage in the next mission.

This really is bizarre - and frustrating. I can't play the Orc campaign at all right now.
kilder
Translator

Post by kilder »

Star Gazer wrote:
Sangel wrote:On another note: I'm having difficulty saving my games. After completing Mountains of Haag in the Orc campaign, I'm prompted whether I'd like to save, and then told "the game cannot be saved" when I say yes. I've tried clearing out a bunch of saves in case it needs room in the folder (I've got 4.7 GB of space on my HD), but it doesn't seem to help.

Hi, I'm getting the same problem as Sange, only running in 10.2.8.

The only way I was able to continue the game was to restart, and then the saves were available again. Again, disk space didn't seem to be the issue, I have 100GB+ spare.
I think i know where's the problem (it happens to me also, OSX 10.3). The problem is that when the saved file contains some accent (like in "The siege of Barag Gór") it won't be saved. Instead, try and save the game without the accent ("siege of barag gor", or "siege" alone, or whatever suits you fine :P ). It was reported as a problem for the spanish translation's saved files, but IIRC it happened also on debian

The only solution i see is that developers avoid the use of ç, ñ, áéíóú, àèìòù in scenario's names (no more complicated names :roll: :D )

BTW, i've seen several names for barag gor...in the map it appears as Barag G'or, in the save file changes to Barag Gór and then in a dialogue (sp?) it's Barag Gor..... which one we'll choose?
Last edited by kilder on April 17th, 2004, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Unfortunately, if the game contains some accent, I can't get at it to change it - I'm not saving the game with an accent in the name of the save file.
kilder
Translator

Post by kilder »

Sangel wrote:Unfortunately, if the game contains some accent, I can't get at it to change it - I'm not saving the game with an accent in the name of the save file.

Well, i see it....maybe it's a problem with the fonts....try to rewrite the saved file(it has served right to me). IF the problem is in the accents, that should avoid it. If not, i'm clueless