Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Re: New animations

Post by Vyncyn »

Quite a while ago I submitted new animations for the elvish fighter, but I haven't seen them in the game yet.
Was wondering if there was still some issue with them

viewtopic.php?p=611166#p611166
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

There were some internal project issues going on at the time, so they may have fallen through the cracks. If you don't hear anything here then I'd suggest messaging doofus-01 directly. Do note however that he's generally active on weekends, so depending on the day you may not hear back from him immediately.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Vyncyn wrote: May 12th, 2023, 4:44 pm Quite a while ago I submitted new animations for the elvish fighter, but I haven't seen them in the game yet.
Was wondering if there was still some issue with them
Thanks for the SE running animation, that will certainly get into 1.17. I'm ambivalent about the strict need for a NE version; the changing direction does add a lot to the movement animations, but possibly SE-only doesn't look too odd on its own, and is a big enough improvement over sliding that it should just go in.

NE-facing animation isn't totally out of the question, and vultraz did post a N-facing sprite earlier (viewtopic.php?p=610764#p610764), so at least some of the work is done.

Something about the updated sprite is bothering me, I think there may be a clash between the shoulders and legs+feet. I'm working on some small tweaks before updating the basic animations, they should be pretty easy to propagate in the running frame. WIP here
Attachments
Forums-3wisement.png
Forums-3wisement.png (7.84 KiB) Viewed 4149 times
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects