Northern Rebirth Rewritten

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

holypaladin

Northern Rebirth Rewritten

Post by holypaladin »

To make Northern Rebirth more consistent and compatible with mainline canon I prepared my own version rewritting the Northern Rebirth story. I already finished most of my campaining and hope to soon make it fully stable :D

GitHub repository:
https://github.com/HolyPaladin1/Norther ... Rewritten/
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Northern Rebirth Rewritten

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Firstly, if you made this as your own addon, it's fine.
Secondly, if you have intentions for this to be a mainline candidate, you have to heavily improve several things here.
  • First Scenario I found too hard. You have 2 units (a squishy Sergeant Tallin and a Footpad Zlex), while there are many orc sides all recruiting 2 units per turn. You are pretty much overwhelmed without even making it to the entrance. A scenario so hard as the first scenario makes it discouraging to continue rest of the campaign.
  • Second Scenario was okay, but what I found lacking was the quality of the scenario map. It felt really simply and maybe done under an hour of just random painting of terrain tiles.
  • Mines scenario: Is there any issue with the core Dwarven Miner that you had to make a clone of it? If I lose if any miner died, I lost. They dont have hero icons whatsoever indicating their importance.
  • Ally Trolls vs Undead scenarios: I am not really motivated to continue the campaign since I am not seeing any improvement (when compared with the current NR)
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

I am currently during the correcting of lesser and bigger bugs there, we will see what will come from it but hope it will get big improvement. First scenario most propably will got the most changes, as for the miners I made it mostly beacuse I wanted to show my proposition to change core miner (make him level 0, give him advances.
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

holypaladin wrote: July 8th, 2024, 5:23 pm I am currently during the correcting of lesser and bigger bugs there, we will see what will come from it but hope it will get big improvement. First scenario most propably will got the most changes, as for the miners I made it mostly beacuse I wanted to show my proposition to change core miner (make him level 0, give him advances.
You should refine the quality of all the scenario maps. They appeared quite plain and bland. Which was a reason I dropped this campaign.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

The first update has been released. I fixed most of bugs and rebalanced some maps.
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

Version 0.0.5 got released. Scenario 1, 5,6 and 7 got important changes balancing the gameplay. Removal of two unused melodies made campaign more available for people with lesser computer's data storage.
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

Another update has been released:
- special AMLAs for Tallin and Zlex
- updated line of dwarvish mine digger
- added final confrontation and epilogue
- bugs fixed
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"