Combining multiple seperate campaigns into one long campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elder_Mage_Hendrick

Combining multiple seperate campaigns into one long campaign

Post by Elder_Mage_Hendrick »

Hello,

Is there an easy way to make it so that when I finish a Campaign, I can start another Campaign automatically and recall all the units I recruited in the previous Campaigns?

NOTE: I am not talking about individual scenarios.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Combining multiple seperate campaigns into one long campaign

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

There is an addon called "Move Units Between Campaigns" which sort of does what you want, but you should be cautious since you cannot carryover unique campaign units unless it's shared by the campaigns.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Elder_Mage_Hendrick

Thank you so much for your response!

So now that I have installed the add-on (https://r.wesnoth.org/t41555), do I need to do the following steps in order to move specific (But Not Custom) units from one campaign to another in 1.16.9?
patience_reloaded wrote: November 16th, 2022, 12:45 pm
BabyDragonV2 wrote: June 30th, 2022, 1:30 am any chance this will be ported to the 1.16 update
EDIT: Since this has been posted, dugi updated the add-on to 1.16 and further improved it too. Thanks Dugi!

It can be downloaded from the 1.14 add-on server, https://add-ons.wesnoth.org/1.14/

However, it doesn't work instantly. I had to alter the _main.cfg so that the lua-tag is wrapped in a modification-tag that has an id, name, and type. Not sure if all those keys are required, but it worked for me. After adding these things, I can now activate the mod when I start a new campaign in 1.16.

The full _main.cfg code I use:

Code: Select all

#ifndef MULTIPLAYER
[modification]
	id="dugi_pr_move_units_between_campaigns"
	name="Move Units between Campaigns"
	type=sp
	[lua]
		code = "wesnoth.dofile '~add-ons/Move_Units_Between_Campaigns/move_units_between_campaigns.lua'"
	[/lua]
[/modification]
#endif
Toranks wrote: December 19th, 2022, 12:57 pm Yes, works. I use it for testing and debugging purposes, not for normal gaming. It's very good and easy to handle.
Every time you use the mod and don't import or export, but choose any other option (even cancel), I get an error message. But it doesn't affect functionality, it's just a visual nuisance.

Hotfix:
Change on the lua file if picked then with if picked.side then
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I am not exactly sure and I do not know if the hotfix was added in or not. Maybe you can check add in the hotfix if the error happens. I suppose you can test it with the campaigns AToTB and TSG (both use Loyalists).
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Elder_Mage_Hendrick

Thank you.
I do not have to do anything to make the add-on work except for a button I could not find before.
Is there a way to remove incompatible units from the list?