Deception

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

schilffarth

Deception

Post by schilffarth »

"Embark on a journey with Kalgor, whose world is shattered with his father's murder in front of his eyes. Forged in the crucible of battle, betrayal and deception, his fate sparks with glory and tragedy."

(Intermediate level, 9 scenarios.)

Please let me know any sort of feedback you can think of. The feedback may include, but is not limited to:

- Story telling (typos, story progression, character development, narrative guidance, logical errors)
- Scenario conception
- Map design
- Gameplay
- Balancing Easy / Normal / Hard difficulties
- WML-code

Discord: @durmoth
Github: https://github.com/schilffarth/deception/
Github (optional ai-art): https://github.com/schilffarth/deception-ai-art/
Last edited by schilffarth on September 3rd, 2023, 7:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
schilffarth

Re: Deception - SP Campaign

Post by schilffarth »

Spoiler:
Update: Deception is now available on the 1.16 add-on server without AI-generated artwork. The AI-art has been extracted to another repository (https://github.com/schilffarth/deception-ai-art) as an optional installable package.
Last edited by schilffarth on September 3rd, 2023, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Deception - Orcish SP Campaign (2 Parts)

Post by doofus-01 »

Just to chime in on the AI generated art issue: You did the right thing and disclosed where it came from. The issue is in flux - like everyone else with skin in the game, we need to proceed with caution and we are trying to figure out what it all means. A year from now, we could all look back at this and laugh, but for now it's best if we keep the AI art out.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Deception - Orcish SP Campaign (2 Parts)

Post by Konrad2 »

S2
When you free Tronk, they are placed on an impassable hex.

S3
If possilbe make it more clear that the WIP option is not available.

S4
Why do you call the Trolls loyal companions, when none of them are loyal?

I'm getting some lua errors when advancing a unit to a Bone Shooter. (Both by mentoring or normally.)
Spoiler:
Vengeance
Why am I no longer able to reruit trolls?
Spoiler:
Another Lua bug, in 'Shattered Requiem', but I am unsure about what caused it.
Spoiler:
I have no idea where Part 2 is. According to the post here PArt 2 is somewhere.

(Ftr, almost all scenarios
Spoiler:
are quite brutal.)

Also, there were several mentions of 'men' when it should have been 'orcs'. (Stuff like 'him and his men'.)
Attachments
DEC-Bitter Retreat replay 20230826-104501.gz
(43.36 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
DEC-Whispers in the Dark replay 20230826-113904.gz
(44.35 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
DEC-Embracing the Darkness replay 20230826-115224.gz
(35.36 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
DEC-Vengeance replay 20230826-120936.gz
(64.7 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
DEC-Shattered Requiem replay 20230826-130103.gz
(68.75 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
DEC-Child of the Wastes replay 20230825-092758.gz
(22.08 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
DEC-Ascent to Power replay 20230826-091805.gz
(29.79 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
schilffarth

Re: Deception

Post by schilffarth »

Hello @Konrad2,

thank you for the valuable feedback.

The originally planned story and campaign layout was changed throughout its development, and there is only one "part" of the campaign, the one you find on the 1.16 add-on server. It has 9 scenarios.

Maybe I will pick on the once planned Part 2 at some point in the future, but for now, "Deception" features only this one campaign with 9 scenarios.

Thank you :)
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Code: Select all

_main.cfg:        code = << wesnoth.dofile("~add-ons/deception/lua/_main.lua") >>
There's no lua directory, at least in the git version.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
schilffarth

Post by schilffarth »

the lua errors might be caused by the extraction of content to the `rps-units` add-on and a prior download from github, with an update from the add-ons server of deception.

the lua errors might be fixed by deleting the entire deception add-on and freshly downloading it via the add-ons manager
JNI

Post by JNI »

Hi on the campaign Deception on the scenario whispers in the dark, the glyphs keep appearing until you get to the one where your fighting the necrophage poisoning things. There are no glyphs to step on in that section and I am stuck. Please advise. Thanks.
schilffarth

Post by schilffarth »

JNI wrote: October 19th, 2023, 1:41 am Hi on the campaign Deception on the scenario whispers in the dark, the glyphs keep appearing until you get to the one where your fighting the necrophage poisoning things. There are no glyphs to step on in that section and I am stuck. Please advise. Thanks.
You gotta pick up the ring of darkness and the blade of dread (on the ground in the cave) and step onto the bone stack in the north, on top of activating all runes
JNI

Post by JNI »

thx!