map editor changes

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
ChrundleTheGreat

map editor changes

Post by ChrundleTheGreat »

i gues anybody could pitch changes on the map editor on this thread but im personally curious as to why not to make trees, villages, and embellishments be placed independent to what the (background) terrain is, every time im placing an orcish village on green grass it just looks weird because its meat to go on dry grass, if it was independent i could place it wherever and think maps would be more varied and look better, i have the same problem with trees and some embellishments, placeing them shouldnt change the terrain im placing them on.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: map editor changes

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

This is already possible. You just are not using the tiling function properly. Try placing something by shift-clicking. (shift + click). For forests/embellishments, this just places the overlay and not the base. Base is whatever you are tiling on.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
ChrundleTheGreat

lol thanks!
ChrundleTheGreat

is it also possible to select what type of say orcish village to place? like i know the map randomly places one out several styles, but it would be cool if i could select wich one.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

ChrundleTheGreat wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 12:44 am is it also possible to select what type of say orcish village to place? like i know the map randomly places one out several styles, but it would be cool if i could select wich one.
Well, it is possible if you are willing make your own orcish village without the variation code. Otherwise, no.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
ChrundleTheGreat

i also thougth to mention that there isnt a lot of options for forests in the elevation tool section, it just copies what ever forests are in the adjacent hex in the not "elevated" terrain, i think it would be more usefull to have all the individual forest options in elevation form, otherwise its a little akward looking for only the border of the bluff to have the type of forest one is trying to place, also that way one can place multiple forest types all over (including the center of) the bluff.
it could also be nice to have villages on top of bluff/glutch terrain, and embellishments too.