village names

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
hermestrismi

village names

Post by hermestrismi »

I noticed that there is a list of names for villages in the name's generator. Is there a way to give villages names automatically (like we do with units)?
lea

Re: village names

Post by lea »

[village_naming] tag in https://wiki.wesnoth.org/MapGeneratorWML seems to be doing just that for random map generators

unless I misunderstood you maybe?
author of: Altered Era/Ruleset (AKA "Altera"), latest version is on add-ons servers for BfW 1.16 and 1.14, latest version also still supports BfW 1.12 and 1.10, 1.10 server is stuck with older buggy version)
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

lea wrote: July 21st, 2023, 6:50 am [village_naming] tag in https://wiki.wesnoth.org/MapGeneratorWML seems to be doing just that for random map generators

unless I misunderstood you maybe?
Thank you. I didnt know that but I was speaking about generate villages names in regular umc not maps
lea

Post by lea »

I guess by "umc" you mean user-made campaigns?

AFAIK campaigns (both mainline and user-made ones) usually have pre-made maps with non-ramdom village names predefined by authors each campaign

it should be possible to write WML script that replaces village names with random ones for existing campaigns
author of: Altered Era/Ruleset (AKA "Altera"), latest version is on add-ons servers for BfW 1.16 and 1.14, latest version also still supports BfW 1.12 and 1.10, 1.10 server is stuck with older buggy version)
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

lea wrote: July 22nd, 2023, 7:12 am I guess by "umc" you mean user-made campaigns?

AFAIK campaigns (both mainline and user-made ones) usually have pre-made maps with non-ramdom village names predefined by authors each campaign

it should be possible to write WML script that replaces village names with random ones for existing campaigns
Thank you. I will try to write a wml macro