Addons Bug

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
muca2898

Addons Bug

Post by muca2898 »

Hey guys, i downloaded some addons, but they all have the same error:

The following add-ons had errors and could not be loaded:
• C:\Users\PC\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.16/data/add-ons/Deep_Elves/_main.cfg

Macro/file 'MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR' is missing
at ~add-ons/Deep_Elves/faction/deep-elves-default.cfg:7
included from ~add-ons/Deep_Elves/eras/deep-elves.cfg:10
included from ~add-ons/Deep_Elves/_main.cfg:14

Does someone knows how to fix it?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Addons Bug

Post by Pentarctagon »

Moved to WML Workshop.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

You seem to be using an era from Wesnoth 1.14 or earlier. You should remove it and download the one for your version of the game (which is 1.16). The broken Deep Elves are apparently in the "War of Legends" era or "Ageless Era."

(This error can be fixed by just removing the line that's causing problems, but you will probably run into others. Maybe a lot of them.)
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

I have ported Deep Elves from 1.14 to 1.16 on my machine. I wasn't sure if I should upload it since 1.14 is still active and I'm not sure this addon is abandoned (although I guess it is) and anyways the faction is available in WoL as stated.

But it does look like maybe I should since there seems to be a demand for the standalone version.
egallager

Post by egallager »

Atreides wrote: March 12th, 2023, 3:42 am I have ported Deep Elves from 1.14 to 1.16 on my machine. I wasn't sure if I should upload it since 1.14 is still active and I'm not sure this addon is abandoned (although I guess it is) and anyways the faction is available in WoL as stated.

But it does look like maybe I should since there seems to be a demand for the standalone version.
Well, and then there's also the question of whether Era of Myths should come to 1.16, too, or whether WoL has superseded that...
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

egallager wrote: March 12th, 2023, 5:00 pm
Atreides wrote: March 12th, 2023, 3:42 am I have ported Deep Elves from 1.14 to 1.16 on my machine. I wasn't sure if I should upload it since 1.14 is still active and I'm not sure this addon is abandoned (although I guess it is) and anyways the faction is available in WoL as stated.

Well, and then there's also the question of whether Era of Myths should come to 1.16, too, or whether WoL has superseded that...
Oh yes I'd noticed the EoM wasn't ported. I'd thought it had been but it was the associated map pack! I've already done the EoM too as well as a few others that haven't been 1.16'd yet. I'm starting to think that at this point they're pretty much abandoned. 1.18 seems to be getting closer (I think, I'm not following all the cutting edge stuff) and maybe I should just send 'em all.

As regards the WoL or the Ageless for that matter (both are large collections of eras/factions) I think there is, as this post shows, still some interest in the standalone versions. I mean you can get a Big Mac or you can get the combo... :-) (McD's can't be wrong!)
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

1.18 is a little under a year away at this point.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code