How players find pleasing add-ons

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Spirit_of_Currents

How players find pleasing add-ons

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

I think that, in this thread, players can ask and share information about nice add-ons. If you ask recommendations here, please tell what kind of add-ons you like.

I'd like to know about add-ons that 1. have the player control as few units as possible at the same time 2. where the player can develop his or her unit(s) ultra powerful 3. are diverse, and 4. if it's multiplayer, it can be soloed with only one side.

For example, I find Legend of the Invincibles mediocre because the points two and three apply but the point one doesn't.
There are very much electrochemical currents in my brain.
Toranks
Translator

Re: How players find pleasing add-ons

Post by Toranks »

If you want an addon that allows you to configure many things of any campaign or map, including the possibility of creating super-units (with high maintenance cost because they can level up if you want, to maintain the balance), I suggest you use Advanced Wesnoth Wars (fork)
Here I wrote a mini-guide, although now it has even more features, all explained in its own help menu.

On the other hand, any multiplayer map can be played solo, assigning the other players to the AI.
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

I would advocate my campaign Legends of Idaamub.
It fulfills 1.
About 2, it depends what you mean with ultra-powerful: they get better and better gear that increase their stats and mages get new spells.
Not sure about 3 and it is not multiplayer.
And most of all, it is not complete yet (22 scenarios atm).
But feel free to test it, as it is playable (and bugless afaik) as is.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Spirit_of_Currents wrote: February 14th, 2023, 2:11 pm For example, I find Legend of the Invincibles mediocre because the points two and three apply but the point one doesn't.
Well, you can try using only heroes, in Part 1 at least it may work in many places
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II