Wesnoth looks amazing zoomed in!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Wesnoth looks amazing zoomed in!

Post by Atreides »

I tried playing with about 200% zoom and I was stunned at the detail I could now see. The animations just pop out and really are amazing. The terrain is fantastic. I could actually recognize a palm tree on the oasis hex!

For context I have a 17" flat screen monitor 4:3 aspect ratio, an older model I got for $25 from a reuse centre. The CRT's I use with my older PC's are 14-15" so to me 17 seemed quite large. But now I'm wondering if I should not buy something larger (so long as it fits on the desk I guess) since it seems todays computers expect more and more pixels. I've had my web browsers set for a minimum font size of 16 for decades now but a bigger screen would be an alternative solution (and as of recently available to me).

These days you can even hook up a TV... I have a new 32" flat screen TV and found it was possible. Imagine a VGA port on a "TV"! Funny how that's come full circle, my 1982 Atari is hooked up to a 1980 Toshiba CRT (14") TV set...