animated teleport in/out of recall list

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Helmet

Re: animated teleport in/out of recall list

Post by Helmet »

Spannerbag wrote: January 1st, 2023, 1:05 pm...Tried again with the CORRECT animation and it seems to work OK, the unittype below works for me with the following code:[/b]
Holy moly, that is a clever mind-boggling solution, using a recruit animation. Thanks.

I've changed the WML for the Silver Mage so many times, I think my computer is about to run out of pixels.
Author of:
DIY Campaign, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 1, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 2, Frogfolk Delivery Service, The Pool of Ek.
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote: December 30th, 2022, 3:25 pm This is pretty much identical to what I do in Black Cross of Aleron
I tried playing your campaign and I couldn't see anything before the animation, but then I made a screen recording and played it in slow motion...
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

gnombat wrote: January 1st, 2023, 5:46 pm I tried playing your campaign and I couldn't see anything before the animation, but then I made a screen recording and played it in slow motion...
Whoa! The unit blinked in and out!
Maybe the code for teleport animation has never worked as intended?
Author of:
DIY Campaign, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 1, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 2, Frogfolk Delivery Service, The Pool of Ek.
Toranks
Translator

Post by Toranks »

It is possible that a combination of the CPU power, the monitor's refresh rate, and the subjective vision of the eye results in one people see flickering and other people not.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

gnombat wrote: January 1st, 2023, 5:46 pm
Celtic_Minstrel wrote: December 30th, 2022, 3:25 pm This is pretty much identical to what I do in Black Cross of Aleron
I tried playing your campaign and I couldn't see anything before the animation, but then I made a screen recording and played it in slow motion...
What version of the game is that in?
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote: January 1st, 2023, 8:49 pm What version of the game is that in?
That was 1.14.17.
Spannerbag

Post by Spannerbag »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote: January 1st, 2023, 3:11 pm That really is an ugly workaround…
Thought you'd appreciate it :)
SP Campaigns: After EI (v1.14) Leafsea Burning (v1.17, v1.16)
I suspect the universe is simpler than we think and stranger than we can know.
Also, I fear that beyond a certain point more intelligence does not necessarily benefit a species...