Diamond Map Pack

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Diamond Map Pack

Post by Atreides »

No thread for this fantastic map pack so I post here.

I've had this one for ages and while it is very well done I've found a few little things in that time. I have forgotten the older ones but I just came across one that I thought I'd mention.

The log shows that Lakeland has wrong side numbers. The sideinit macros runs for side 1 then 2 then 1 and 2 again instead of 3 and 4 as intended. The map works anyways but who knows?
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: Diamond Map Pack

Post by Atreides »

Noticed a new update uploaded for this and it reminded me that there's a silly little typo in every scenario file in the map pack.

Code: Select all

random_Shoret_time=
Apparently a global search and replace for "star" to "Shore" was used at some time in the past...

I'd seen this ages ago but since it is mostly harmless I've not mentioned it. But now there is this thread...
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Coldstone castle is fun but there are a few little problems. If you have shuffle on the 500 golder can end up on a corner. Setting disallow_shuffle for side 3 (centre) works.

Also the game crashes at turn 10 when the reinforcements are supposed to arrive. dmp_side_turn reported a nil value. Had a peek and noticed that it assumes use of a default faction. Suggest enforcing use of mainline default era for this scenario. There is a notice when you start that recommends (only) to use them and also it is too late at that point. : )
needmoreplayers

deleted

Post by needmoreplayers »

deleted
theres nobody that takes care of this project
and many people dont seem to care about making this game better
Last edited by needmoreplayers on January 9th, 2024, 8:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

If author shows up this thread can be moved. When noone cares about this addon there will also be no development and no point to move it..
wasd

Post by wasd »

I'm afraid that spending time on a forum is not something I prefer.
I do not have anything against people who like to do that, nor against the Wesnoth forum in particular.

I consider that the decent thing would be to say a few words still.

Maintenance of this addon is still ongoing. In fact, all the problems mentioned here are fixed.
Even a change-log is published, if someone cares to read the addon's description.
As also mentioned in the description, I care about feedbacks and welcome constructive criticism.
Many modifications were already done by considering other players opinion.

Those who have asked me privately about development, even if I'm not in a position to give lessons,
but they have always received some friendly advice at least, about where to start.

This would be what I can offer to make the world a better place.
We must realize however, that video game addon development, to many of us "coder types" can only be a lesser hobby.
Although I still find Wesnoth an extraordinary game and map editing a great, creative challenge.

I appreciate the attention my work is receiving, but I do not wish to maintain this forum thread.
Feel free to contact me on the multiplay server, send me a private message using the forum,
write your comments in the chat as you play, replays will be reviewed and suggested changes will be considered, errors fixed.

Best regards,