[Complete] Ladder Tournament #3

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cackfiend

[Complete] Ladder Tournament #3

Post by Cackfiend »

Ladder Tournament #3 will start January 6th 2023

Please visit here to register for the Ladder: https://wesnoth.gamingladder.info/

If you haven't checked out my Wesnoth Strategy Guide please do so here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54236

I will be using a Swiss Magic: The Gathering style tournament structure. That means a certain number of rounds based on how many players are registered. 17-31 players will be a 5-round tournament and 32+ players will be a 6-round tournament.

Round 1 will be completely randomized. In Round 2 the 1-0 players will play the other 1-0 players, while the 0-1 players will play the other 0-1 players. Round 3 will consist of the 2-0 players playing eachother, the 1-1 players against eachother, and the 0-2 players against eachother. etc etc

if there is an odd number of players in different win/loss brackets then the system will assign them together. For example Rd 2 might have a single 1-0 player vs a 0-1 player.

After the rounds are over the Wins and Losses will be assessed to determine the top 8 remaining players who will then continue to a sudden death style playoff.

If there are multiple players with the same Win/Loss ratio then the strength of their opponents will determine who makes it into the top 8. For example, if you lose to someone that goes 6-0 in the tournament you will usually be a higher seed than someone with the same record as you that lost to someone that went 3-3. This could translate into your 4-2 record being good enough for top 8.

Tournament Rules:

1. All Matches will be Best of 3 Games, except the final match which will be Best of 5. (A Match is the result of your BO3 Games)

2. All participants will have One Week to finish their matches with their opponent. It is required to have finished 1 game before Sunday to prevent a marathon session on the last day and possibly delaying the tournament. If you have not been available but your opponent has, then you will receive a game loss going into your Sunday game(s).

3. Ladder Era will be used for all Matches. Please make sure you are using the latest version.

4. Ladder Competitive Maps will be used for the random map. No Mirror and Shuffle Sides is required. Players may pick their faction/leader if they'd like. If both players pick the same faction then they will each be given a chance to change their faction or continue with the mirror. Always confirm with your opponent that they are ready to start the match before starting (Basically, normal Ladder games.) Once a map is played in your match it cannot be played on again for that round. For example, if in the first game you random Freelands then you cannot play that map again for game two or three.

5. Games should have an 8 min timer (480/300/480/30, this would mean even if you use all of your timer, if you complete 6 "actions" you will still have 8 mins on your next turn). Both players can also agree to No Timer. If No Timer is used - Excessively long turns (10-15+ mins) should be only when absolutely required. Have some common sense and decency here and don't abuse the no time limit. Under extreme circumstances I reserve the right to give someone a warning, a game loss and/or DQ them from the tournament if they are constantly taking excessive time for their turn. Taking long turns should only happen in the thick of units clashing on the battlefield, not while you're dancing around for positioning.

6. All games will be reported to the Ladder. A Ranked Ladder account is required to participate in the tournament. https://wesnoth.gamingladder.info/
To prevent smurfs and aliases, it is required to have 10+ matches on your ladder account.

7. Game names should be named like this: "Ladder Tournament RD# player vs player". For example: "Ladder Tournament RD1 halder vs abhijit". Please stick with this simple naming convention so that it is easy for us to look up games on the replay server.

8. Discord is required. Please join here https://discord.gg/Ud3sKzf Game results should be posted to the Ladder Discord channel in the tournament text channel. After the game result is posted, a chat will open on the Ladder Discord to discuss the match but you can also discuss them here.

9. Cheating and Bad Sportsmanship will not be tolerated. Tensions can be high in tournament games, please make sure to be a graceful loser as well as a graceful winner.

10. Observers On is required. I strongly suggest that you mute all observers until after the match is over. The command for this is :muteall
The reason for this is because in the last tournament sometimes people would accidentally comment on something important and forget to be in obs-only chat. Don't risk your game being influenced by observers.

11. If two participants are in a stalemate and both wish to draw the match, they still need to play matches to complete a BO3, with the first player getting to 2 wins winning the round

12. All other issues or questions can be brought to me for clarification.

Current Participants:
  • 1. StonyDrew
    2. KhorneflakesBA
    3. DanieleMurgioni
    4. megac1
    5. clmates
    6. HaVoCX
    7. amalon
    8. Krogen
    9. Weiming_Liu
    10. Augenzueg
    11. Masukhi
    12. MYFH
    13. wtf_is_this
    14. diomed
    15. zvhxii
    16. totem
    17. halder
    18. Dreadnough
    19. nuclearm1nd
    20. MasterBao
Last edited by Cackfiend on March 26th, 2023, 7:37 pm, edited 12 times in total.
"There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
Wesnoth Strategy Guide for competitive 1v1 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54236
StonyDrew

Re: [Open] Ladder Tournament #3

Post by StonyDrew »

i play
“The way up and the way down are one and the same”
-Heraclitus-
“This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures.”
lhurgoyf

Post by lhurgoyf »

Player KhorneflakesBA i join.
wtf_is_this

Post by wtf_is_this »

Player wtf_is_this joins
DanieleMurgioni

Post by DanieleMurgioni »

Gioco anche io! =}√πX

Join - Nick: DanieleMurgioni
Megac1

Post by Megac1 »

I join !!
clmates

Post by clmates »

Hi set me in

thanks
Best regards

clmates
HaVoCX

Post by HaVoCX »

count me in :twisted:
Drizzt_DoUrden

Post by Drizzt_DoUrden »

Count me in (Drizzt on Ladder)!
“Those who rely on certainties are certain to be disappointed” - Drizzt Do'Urden
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

Yep, let's go.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
Skyend

Post by Skyend »

I join, but I maybe have to skip a round or drop out. (I wish to be able to play one time to the end)
Augenzueg

Post by Augenzueg »

put me in coach
Masukhi

Post by Masukhi »

player Masukhi joins
MYFH

Post by MYFH »

Player MYFH joins