Best faction mods?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lloydfo

Best faction mods?

Post by Lloydfo »

Hey. What are the the best faction mods? The most animated ones with alot of new factions and units? Balance isn't that necessary. It can be even a bit imbalanced so weaker player could use the stronger race. I can only remember Era of Magic was always a very good mod with alot of new factions, units animations etc. Is there anything like this?
Shiki
Developer

Re: Best faction mods?

Post by Shiki »

Bad Moon Rising is another era with very good graphics, from Doofus.

The version in Ageless Era is graphic wise outdated, play with the Bad Moon Rising era.
There are also several campaigns for SP.
Try out the dark board theme.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Try ageless era as it contains many different factions and is the biggest era. However Era of Magic has a high quality and has recently improved a lot.
The best faction is currently not available, it is the faction Ur Epic era, which unfortunately hasn't been uploaded to 1.16 :p.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

Usually I like the mods that go with epic campaigns. Together with the art too, such as to lands unknown and similar variants.

I wonder if we can query for the art online; that would be kind of nice to have.