Can anyone help? (scenario crashing after name change)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

FrostBlade5

Can anyone help? (scenario crashing after name change)

Post by FrostBlade5 »

After i was done with another scenario i tought ill rename it to something else, so i edited the cfg file and only changes two lines of code nothing more.
After renaming the cfg file itself i opened it and edited: id="example" in line 10 and name="example" in line 74.
Had no idea this could be that of a big deal that now after i tried to open the scenario again in the map editor, it crashed with no error..
Already renamed the cfg to what it previously was and also restored original name in line 10 and 74 but it still crashes with no error..
Strange is that i can play the scenario but in map editor its an instant crash, what do i do?

Edit: i deleted all units in the cfg file and now it doesn't crash when opening in map editor.
But why is that? What happened when i renamed the file and changes line 10 and 74? I only changed the name nothing more, why does this cause a crash?
Feels like something got corrupted.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Can anyone help? (scenario crashing after name change)

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Post the error message first. I know it's silly typo somewhere and the error message is needed to say where.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
FrostBlade5

Re: Can anyone help? (scenario crashing after name change)

Post by FrostBlade5 »

When i opened the map editor and loaded the scenario, wesnoth crashed to desktop (CTD) with no error message.
It's alright now, i removed all units in the cfg file and was able to replace them in the map manually in map editor, problem solved.
Thanks anyways.