old world conquest era not workiing for me can´t create game

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
lhurgoyf

old world conquest era not workiing for me can´t create game

Post by lhurgoyf »

It doesn´t work either 1.16.2 or now with the last update. I am using pc version 64 bytes. When i try to create a multiplayer world conquest with the old world conquest add-on doesnt allow me unless i use other eras like predetermined..., it just crashes, or if not, it doesn´t allow me to put that era , however i used to join other world conquest games and i didnt have any problems. Tried to uninstall , and reinstall the lates version 1.16.6 and clean cache, the only improve is that now the system doesn´t allow me to put old good world conquest era.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: old world conquest era not workiing for me can´t create game

Post by Pentarctagon »

This sounds like #6032?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

No, I think it's about "(Good Old) World Conquest II" addon
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Pentarctagon wrote: September 11th, 2022, 2:54 pm This sounds like #6032?
No. it's for the add-on version as dwarftough has mentioned. Not sure why the add-on has to exist when the client is offering it as part of the campaign package but depends on taste I suppose.

Anyways, the problem might be the presence of an allow_era= value somewhere.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
demario

Post by demario »

Yes, you need to clarify which version of World Conquest you're try to run (there are many: Ageless, Invincible, Good Old ...) to help people to help you.
lhurgoyf wrote: September 11th, 2022, 11:37 am When i try to create a multiplayer world conquest with the old world conquest add-on doesnt allow me unless i use other eras like predetermined..., it just crashes, or if not, it doesn´t allow me to put that era , however i used to join other world conquest games and i didnt have any problems. Tried to uninstall , and reinstall the lates version 1.16.6 and clean cache, the only improve is that now the system doesn´t allow me to put old good world conquest era.
If you have a problem with an add-on, first thing you should do is to delete and reinstall the add-on (possibly closing the game in between to refresh the cache). You don't really need to reinstall the whole game.

[edit] After talking to KhorneflakesBA, it appears that the gowc2 era is showing in the list of available eras from installed add-ons but the selection of this era inside the list does not activate the era. This seems to be unrelated to the scenario. Removing some eras update the list and at some point the selection of gowc2 era makes it active again.[/edit]
Unrelated issue
I believe the game (I noticed it on version 1.16.1) has a problem handling the case where it is trying to load the last used configuration (ie. combination of scenario, era and modification), after one of the item has been manually deleted. It seems the only way to make it go back on its feet is to fully reinstall the last used configuration (install again any deleted add-on), until the game starts and you are able to select a more straightforward configuration (like default era, no mod). Then you're good to delete the add-on again.
In summary: to be safe, do not delete an add-on that was enabled in your last game.
dwarftough wrote: September 11th, 2022, 3:48 pm No, I think it's about "(Good Old) World Conquest II" addon
Good Old World Conquest doesn't put any constraint on which era it is played with.
Lord-Knightmare wrote: September 11th, 2022, 5:08 pm Not sure why the add-on has to exist when the client is offering it as part of the campaign package but depends on taste I suppose.
Maybe because the job done in mainline is a disaster? :augh:
Last edited by demario on September 12th, 2022, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

demario wrote: September 12th, 2022, 6:29 am Maybe because the job done in mainline is a disaster? :augh:
Actually mainline is fine, just not tested thoroughly before the release (for obvious reasons, dev versions are played by very few people, almost only by devs and enthusiasts). But the main problem is that these finds can't be fixed on spot, because of backward compatibility constraints. For my WC (Invincible) I forked the mainline one, fixed those bugs and added what I wanted to. The only thing I couldn't fix was, I think, leaders having auto-generated names instead of players'. But that's really minor
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
lhurgoyf

Post by lhurgoyf »

Ok guys, i finally made it work ,and host games of world conquest with the Good old world conquest package , i started to eliminatee other addons and it worked, i think the guilty was one new add-on, extended era army resources or something like that, but i can´t confirm at 100%. Cheers , i am KhorneflakesBA in the game