Teleport Formula Help

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Scadstorm

Re: Teleport Formula Help

Post by Scadstorm »

This could prove very useful. Thank you! I shall look into this soon and I will probably need it for other ideas I'm having.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Re: Teleport Formula Help

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Scadstorm wrote: August 17th, 2022, 12:25 am Then I guess I will also have to create a scenario first to test this. I only have created the unit and some of it's abilities so far and haven't created a scenario/campaign just yet. If it does work as an event rather than an ability, that means the unit's capability to teleport anywhere will depend on the map/scenario it's in and I will have to remove the ability as it won't work on its own anyway?
I think you've missed my point entirely. Getting the tunnel to work in an event is a way to prove that your tunnel is correct. If it works in an event, then you can put that tunnel back into the ability. If that doesn't work, then there's something else in the ability getting in your way.

In other words: it's a way of narrowing down the reason why the ability doesn't work. I didn't intend it as an alternative way to implement the ability.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.