[Complete] 1 Week Ladder Tournament#3

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Skyend

[Complete] 1 Week Ladder Tournament#3

Post by Skyend »

Hi guys, this is a tournament system made for 4 - 8 players that can be hosted every week. :eng:
It takes 1 week and you'll play every or almost every day, depends on the System. (check out Bracket example)

Introduction:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0myvsqfa2k

Tournaments:

1 WLT#3: registration is open (till Sunday night)
  • Start: 5 September
  • Fix Time: 17:00 UTC 0
  • System: 8: bo3 Top4 or 4: bo3 Final
joined player:
Spoiler:

1 WLT#2:
Spoiler:
1 WLT#1:
Spoiler:

To join:
  • You should be able to play on a Fix Time every day for 120 min (most games are done in 30-120 min)
Games can be played at any time after round/paring announcement. You can schedule a time or play at your Fixed Time, if you can't play either you'll get a lose. It's not allowed for your opponent to report a game on the Ladder-page that's not played. If both can't play the organizer will randomly choose who gets the win or both get a lose/no points (depends on the Tournament System).

If you haven't finished the game in 120 min you can continue directly or on the next day before the next round starts, but you don't have to. If the game is not finished before the next round the player with the most advantage will get the win. This is judged by the organizer. As it still counts as an unfinished Ladder-game, don't report it on the Ladder-page.

Round will end when all results are posted or 1h before the fixed time of the next day.

All games are ranked Ladder games unless both players disagree or it's says otherwise in the tournament section.

Game settings:
  • Title: Ladder (only if it's ranked) 1 WLT#{tournament number} {player1} vs {player2} R{round number}, for example
    ranked: Ladder 1 WLT#1 matto vs SkyEnd R1
    unranked: 1 WLT#1 matto vs SkyEnd R1
  • Version: Current stable version (1.16)
  • Era: You need to use Ladder Era
  • Maps: You can play with any maps in the Ladder All Maps-picker if both agree,
    but if you can't agree on anything you need to play with all maps from the Ladder Competitive Maps-picker.
  • Timer: If a player want to play with timer you have to use it. We use (300 300 300 0) unless both player agree on other settings.
  • Check Box: [on] Shuffle Sides, [on] Observers, [of] Private Replays
  • Mods: No mods are used, but Color Changer is allowed if both player agree
  • Observers: If a player want them to be muted you have to mute them, use muteall
Winner needs to upload the replay here.
We collect the replays, and I might cast some of those.

Variations:
  • Fix Time: US or EU
  • Tournament System: Single- or Double Elimination/Round System; bo1/bo3; Qualifying Round/Top4/Final/1vs1vs1/1vs1vs1vs1/2vs2 etc.
  • Era: normally we'll use Ladder Era, but for 3 or 4 player maps we'll use Default or Age of Heroes with or without Dunefolk, Final can also be with AoH etc.
  • Choices: your Fraction/Leader on registration/one player Map + 2 Fractions the other player assign the Fraction
  • Map: Map-pool/new Map every round/Map ban (for example 6 maps in pool both player can ban 1 map -> 4 maps left)
  • Entry Restriction: >= Elo/1WLT winner
  • Days: Week/ only Weekdays/ Frieday + Weekend
  • Handicap: lower raited player can choose if they want to play a normal Ladder game or with and adventage (the higher raited player will get less gold, depens on the elo differ)

Bracket example:

Those Tournament Systems can be future modify by playing 2vs2 or 1vs1vs1vs1 instead of Top4 etc.

bracket for 5-8 players

8: 2x4 DE Top4
Spoiler:
8: Swiss Top4
Spoiler:
8: bo3 Top4
Spoiler:
bracket for 4 players

4: DE
Spoiler:
4:RR 3 cases
Spoiler:
4: bo3 Final
Spoiler:
Last Chance Qualifier
4+1: SE + Final Boss
Spoiler:
Replays:

1 WLT#1

1 WLT#2
Last edited by Skyend on September 4th, 2022, 1:55 pm, edited 98 times in total.
clmates

Re: [Open] 1 Week Ladder Tournament

Post by clmates »

Hi

I want to join

thanks!!
Best regards

clmates
DanieleMurgioni

Post by DanieleMurgioni »

Pronto to join :)
StonyDrew

Post by StonyDrew »

if you need a player to fill in for tournament i can if you allow outside time restrictions, i can play within on weekends only. otherwise i can’t play. might as well call tournament ladder de la europa
“The way up and the way down are one and the same”
-Heraclitus-
“This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures.”
lhurgoyf

Post by lhurgoyf »

I want to join, the only issue that stifles me a bit is the 17.00 fixed time, but guess i can make it happen some day of the weekend, regardless the situation... Player is KhorneflakesBA
Skyend

Post by Skyend »

It's allowed to join without being able to play on the Fix Time, but if your opponent can't play on an other time you'll get a loss.

I myself and others for sure, will try to find time to play even if you can't on the Fix Time.

If we are 5-7 players, I'll still use the 8-player bracket. Means the remaining slots are free and at this point everyone who wants to try is welcome.

But please don't join when you can't play on the weekdays at all. Unlike other tournaments you have a game every day.
For this System it's at least the case for Mo and Tu. The other days depends on your performance.
You should be able to play on a Fix Time every day for 120 min (most games are done in 30-120 min)
I'll put you both on a maybe sections, please confirm your participation.
Megac1

Post by Megac1 »

Hi!
Week of 15 August I can't play. But the next one I can
Skyend

Post by Skyend »

If this project works its meant to be every or all 2 weeks, but I hope the organizer will rotate.

Do you mean the 8. or 22. of August?

Maybe we can start earlier if all agree and can.

Just more brackets uploaded to add
Spoiler:
Skyend

Post by Skyend »

1 Week Ladder Tournament#1 has begun

Parings round 1:

SkyEnd vs clmates
DanieleMurgioni vs KhorneflakesBA

We'll play Double Elimination with 4 players (you need to lose 2 times to drop out of the tournament)

1 WLT - Paring.png
DanieleMurgioni

Re: [In Progress] Week Ladder Tournament#1 has begun

Posso giocare tutti i giorni dalle 16:30 fino alle 18:30 e dalle 23:30 fino alle 2 di mattina,
eccetto per il giovedì dalle 18:30 fino alle 2 di mattina e venerdì tutto il giorno

@KhorneFlakes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i can play everyday at 16:30 till 18:30 and 23:30 till 2:00 am (except for some days)

thursday i can play at 18:30 till 2:00 am

friday i can play all day

@KhorneFlakes
lhurgoyf

Post by lhurgoyf »

hi i can play today, i encourage playing today btway or tuesday evening
Skyend

Post by Skyend »

DanieleMurgioni wrote:
thursday i can play at 18:30 till 2:00 am
That's to late for round 1.

Round will end when all results are posted or 1h before the fixed time of the next day. (16 utc 0)
Skyend

Post by Skyend »

SkyEnd p1 with Rebels won over clmates p2 with Ud on The Freelands. There were some anoying bats ^^

Replay can be found in the Replay section.

Next round will start when the last game matto vs KhorneFlakes is played.

Winner will play vs SkyEnd.
Loser will play vs clmates.
DanieleMurgioni

Ladder_oneWLT#1_DanieleMurgioni_vs_KhorneFlakes_R1

D's victory
Attachments
Draghi contro Non-Morti.gz
Hornshark Island
(22.5 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
DanieleMurgioni