New player

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Picklesword

New player

Post by Picklesword »

Greetings to The Forums. I had been looking for a game to play solo during dull moments in my life. Battle for Wesnoth seems to fill that gap. Downloading it and playing some of the add ons last night. This is a very enjoyable game.

I had a question about the add-ons. Is there an open world add-on that plays like the old Ultima? Be fun to have an open world world conquest version where you start with a hero or single castle and quest to find resources to build an army.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: New player

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Picklesword wrote: August 1st, 2022, 4:23 pm Greetings to The Forums. I had been looking for a game to play solo during dull moments in my life. Battle for Wesnoth seems to fill that gap. Downloading it and playing some of the add ons last night. This is a very enjoyable game.

I had a question about the add-ons. Is there an open world add-on that plays like the old Ultima? Be fun to have an open world world conquest version where you start with a hero or single castle and quest to find resources to build an army.
There are some add-ons like that which you can sample. Like Strange Legacy and Legend of the Invincibles
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Yomar

Re: New player

Post by Yomar »

Hmm, maybe also Altaz Mariners amd Wesband. 🤔
Also there is a stand alone game based on Wesnoth that is open world and more RPG focussed, I forgot the name, but you can find it in the forum.
Beheld the origins of BFW.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟