units.wesnoth.org update frequency

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

units.wesnoth.org update frequency

Post by Atreides »

It was last updated June 16. It used to update weekly (on Thursdays at 2 am I think) but now is either on a new schedule or broken.

Just wondering what the situation is, it's a very useful resource.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: units.wesnoth.org update frequency

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Atreides wrote: July 26th, 2022, 3:47 pm It was last updated June 16. It used to update weekly (on Thursdays at 2 am I think) but now is either on a new schedule or broken.

It's dead...for a while now. I dont it use for reference anymore.

It's also not reliable since it doesn't show any changes made with [modify_unit_type] or others. Plus, I have noticed that 1.15.x and 1.16.x entries are clumped together and this has caused certain addons to not even load in it.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
egallager

Post by egallager »

I was also wondering what the plans were for getting a page up there for 1.17.x would be?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

egallager wrote: July 26th, 2022, 4:41 pm I was also wondering what the plans were for getting a page up there for 1.17.x would be?
It sort of requires some updates before page for 1.17.x can be made. Such as allowing IPF functions to render images there, as well as recognising customised advancements. Till those issues are resolved, it's silly and pointless to make a new UWO page. Also, some UMC do cause the units.wesnoth.org to crash client browsers as well.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: July 26th, 2022, 4:16 pm
Atreides wrote: July 26th, 2022, 3:47 pm It was last updated June 16. It used to update weekly (on Thursdays at 2 am I think) but now is either on a new schedule or broken.

It's dead...for a while now. I dont it use for reference anymore.

It's also not reliable since it doesn't show any changes made with [modify_unit_type] or others. Plus, I have noticed that 1.15.x and 1.16.x entries are clumped together and this has caused certain addons to not even load in it.
For a while now? You mean before it stopped which was only a few weeks ago? Confused.

Yeah I also found that some things did not get displayed such as using the mainline macro to extend Wolf levels. 15 and 16 mixed together also? Did not know that.

Even with its flaws I did find it helpful though. Any info on why it is kaputt?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

allefant is the main person dealing with it. I expect you need to post to viewtopic.php?t=46324 to be noticed.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Just a note that as of Oct. 20 it is updated, hopefully regularly in future.