ageless scrolling survival

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Would you like to play a completely redeveloped version of Scrolling Survival?

Poll ended at July 31st, 2022, 9:21 am

Yes, and I would like to help with development (write code or buy me a coffee, honest votes only please)
No votes
Yes, but I'm only interested in playing
No votes
No, the current Ageless Scrolling Survival is perfect as it is, don't change it
No votes

Total votes: 0

quequo

ageless scrolling survival

Post by quequo »

Hi everyone,

I have a question directed at people enjoying Ageless Scrolling Survival from time to time. The project began some 7 years ago and it got to the point where the wml in not maintainable any more and in case of any further development it has to be redone from scratch. This brings me to to the question, is there an appetite for a new, completely redeveloped Scrolling Survival 3.0?

Ideas that pop in my head include:
  • completely redeveloped balancing system, perhaps even ditching "different faction - different enemies" system or at least replacing it with something better
  • replacing stand-alone maps with multiplayer campaign style where you develop your units across several scrolling scenarios. That means shorter maps (30-50 turns) but overall the journey is much longer.
  • quests and side-quests, spicing the game up with some rpg elements
  • expanding the rune system that's already in the game but also...
  • adding in the item system that I developed for Arena Survival (each unit has a fighter rank that depends on the number of units it killed - the higher the rank the stronger the effect all the picked-up items have on the unit)
  • also porting the champions / bosses style from Arena Survival
  • maybe even porting the surprise and extra recruitment system from Arena Survival whereas one player can add a selected unit to their recruitment list, and also, irrespectively send a selected unit to the other player as an enemy. Or some other system allowing for greater interaction between the players.
  • all-wesnoth ambitions, so the survival is not limited to Ageless Era alone, but supporting much greater spectrum of Eras developed by other players
If you have any other ideas or complaints what you really don't like (or do like) in Ageless Scrolling Survival then this is also the place to have a say.

Thanks