A Hidden War - SP - TDM Project

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hermestrismi

Re: A Hidden War - SP - TDM Project

Post by hermestrismi »

Rendy55 wrote: December 8th, 2022, 5:35 pm I already did it by retreating in turn 13 .
But when my hero want leave first messege will appear she must wait on him first then he leave but she can't leave anymore then
Can you send me a save please?
Rendy55 wrote: December 8th, 2022, 8:13 pm This scenario is too much hard
What scenario exactly?
If you mean 'Throne Room', it meant to be soooo hard but get easier bit by bit along with the number of missions you fulfilled by visiting the other chambers.
Which mean that, if you finished all the tasks (all the other chambers), this scenario will be too easy
Spoiler:
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

I have not killed 25 soldiers becouse there is not to much of them also i don't kill that elemental goods.
But i have killed all comanders in every room.
Attachments
AHW1-19_The_Falling_City-Automaticke_ulozeni25.gz
(675.22 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Rendy55 wrote: December 9th, 2022, 4:41 pm I have not killed 25 soldiers becouse there is not to much of them also i don't kill that elemental goods.
But i have killed all comanders in every room.
I couldn't open the saved file (corrupted or incompatible) but I assure you if you did all missions, you will fight only one enemies leader when you have at least 700 gold coins..
Judging by the picture -for example- you didn't kill Lord Jollyn (the Death Knight from scenario The Unknown) and for information , the more you kill the less spawning enemies and even less gold for leaders.
Also, I advice you to finish the element gods as they are relatively easy to kill alone (compared to fight them with those enemies around you)
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

I did it but i musted farm gold
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Rendy55 wrote: December 11th, 2022, 9:40 pm I did it but i musted farm gold
Good luck, so.
If you still find it hard, tell me
Brombsood

Post by Brombsood »

hermestrismi wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 12:09 pm
ArthurMitchell wrote: November 21st, 2022, 8:32 pm
hermestrismi wrote: November 21st, 2022, 10:41 am Thank you for the report. And, sorry for being late.
It's unbelievable that none saw it before :o
It's fixed now with the new version of 'The Dark Master Project Resources'.
Thank you for your continued support!
My best guess is not too many people play the add-on campaigns, to even give feedback.
Personally, I stopped MP last year and have finished all the SP campaigns, so I checked the Add-ons and it opened up tons of new content.
I finished The Dark Elves, The Dark Hordes, An Elvish Scout and Unrest in Elfland campaigns and I enjoyed all of them without major complaints.

If you ever have the time and energy, I would suggest bundling all the Dark Master campaigns into one add-on, if possible in chronological order.

As far as I can tell it goes something like this: 1. A Hidden War I; 2. A Hidden War II; 3. Dark Elves Return (x); 4. A Hidden War III; 5. The Dark Hordes (x); 6. Unrest In Elf Land (x); 7. Return Of Legions; 8. An Elvish Scout; 9. Eternal Kingdom; 10. The Dark Master.
Although I could be wrong, I haven't played them all. It's not like I have to write an essay on the theory of cognition like they do at https://ca.edubirdie.com/tok-essay-writing-service, because I would definitely fail at it.
Campaigns marked with (x) don't give you heroes in The Dark Master campaign, but all the others do, which is actually a new idea to me and one reason I think this could eventually be massive a bundle add-on, part of the Future Timeline. I know they all have individual stories, but it would be super cool if they could be connected in one universe and if you play them in order you get a bonus from each campaign for the final one.

If I could re-organize all the campaigns in one big add-on called The Dark Master, they would probably go something like this:
1. Dark Master 1 - A Hidden War (all 3 books)
2. Dark Master 2 - Elves Return
3. Dark Master 3 - The Hordes
4. Dark Master 4 - Return of Legions
5. Dark Master 5 - Forgotten Heroes (Unrest, Scout, Eternal Kingdom)
6. Dark Master 6 - Final Campaign
You made me happy and smiling, you know? I really enjoyed your comment becoz this was the main idea: a timeline of secretly connected events that leads to the dark master events.
check the timeline here (not finished yet) viewtopic.php?p=673686#p673686
for the other suggestion: unfortunately, this will make the campaign heavy (more than 100Mb) also I wanted to make the 'easter eggs' more hidden and unnoticed ;)
I understand that it can make companies heavier, but what if you introduce a simple check the order of the company in a certain order for a new small package or slightly modified ending. And of course it's a little frustrating that you can't bundle everything into one addition, but I'll still be waiting for it.
ArthurMitchell

Post by ArthurMitchell »

I think all the campaigns bundled into one add-on will be much less than 100mb. Maybe title it "Dark Master Campaigns" and list out all the campaigns included in the description. Additionally, the "Dark Master Resources" is bellow the 100mb limit as well.

So for player convenience, you could easily make it into 2 add-ons that contain all of your work and are simple to understand.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

I understand the idea of course and I see it logical butt come ooonn. The idea was to make the connections as hidden as possible (and the extra heroes as a surprise) . I really feel like the whole idea destroyed the moment I talked about.
I really feel bad that I even stopped developing more campaigns
ArthurMitchell

Post by ArthurMitchell »

As a creator you should do what you want, because you're doing it in your free time, so if you enjoy making more campaigns, just go all in on that.

On the player side, more unpolished small campaigns likely won't get as much attention or playtesting as a bigger add-on. Although the surprise might be lost on some, most people may not even play more than 2-3 out of the 10+ campaigns. And if they play the campaigns out of order or skip through the story, they won't even find out there's a bigger plot.

But in the end, I'm grateful there's people like you who make free content for us to enjoy and I don't take it for granted. If you want the campaigns to become more mainstream, consolidating them into a big polished add-on seems like the way to go... but I may be wrong. If you don't want that, just go nuts and make fun stuff you enjoy.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

ArthurMitchell wrote: December 21st, 2022, 4:40 pm As a creator you should do what you want, because you're doing it in your free time, so if you enjoy making more campaigns, just go all in on that.

On the player side, more unpolished small campaigns likely won't get as much attention or playtesting as a bigger add-on. Although the surprise might be lost on some, most people may not even play more than 2-3 out of the 10+ campaigns. And if they play the campaigns out of order or skip through the story, they won't even find out there's a bigger plot.

But in the end, I'm grateful there's people like you who make free content for us to enjoy and I don't take it for granted. If you want the campaigns to become more mainstream, consolidating them into a big polished add-on seems like the way to go... but I may be wrong. If you don't want that, just go nuts and make fun stuff you enjoy.
The thing is that your arguments are logic. I need to step back and try to see things as a player not as a content creator. I will consider your advise.
Thank you again
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Hello! I am playing through this campaign on BfW 1.16. Quick question: why do the Sorceress-line units have both a ‘regular’ heals +8 ability as well as a heal +10 (or higher) ability?

I've just reached the second scenario so cannot comment much on the campaign yet.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Sadaharu wrote: July 8th, 2023, 11:30 pm Hello! I am playing through this campaign on BfW 1.16. Quick question: why do the Sorceress-line units have both a ‘regular’ heals +8 ability as well as a heal +10 (or higher) ability?

I've just reached the second scenario so cannot comment much on the campaign yet.
Hi. Thank you for the note. It is my fault. I used ability cures instead of unpoison. I will correct it
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Oh no, hermestrismi, you misunderstand me. Cures is well-used, I expect. The problem is that the sorceress' abilities are:

heals +10, cures, heals +8

It should only be heals +10 and cures.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

I just finished playing the three episodes of the campaign. I took some notes.

Episode III
There's a problem with the unit ‘Krash’ the loyal drake.
Whenever Krash moves onto an unwalkable tile (lava or empty, whichever) the game freezes for a few seconds and then crashes to desktop. In all scenarios where he appears (episode III).

Episode II

14_The Mines
the only objective mentioned is to stand on all runes, but I won by killing all leaders, which isn't mentioned.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Sadaharu wrote: July 21st, 2023, 12:52 am I just finished playing the three episodes of the campaign. I took some notes.

Episode III
There's a problem with the unit ‘Krash’ the loyal drake.
Whenever Krash moves onto an unwalkable tile (lava or empty, whichever) the game freezes for a few seconds and then crashes to desktop. In all scenarios where he appears (episode III).

Episode II

14_The Mines
the only objective mentioned is to stand on all runes, but I won by killing all leaders, which isn't mentioned.
Thank u for your replay. I hope you liked it.
I will check for the drake. I suppose it is related to his anime macro.
For sc. Mines, I remember I planned to add a bonus for defeating all enemies leaders but i forget.
I didnt develepe this timeline (ahw, the second strife..) very much because I was too busy with my campaigns pack (T D M project ressources beta) but I will try to update it