Far North

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hermestrismi

Far North

Post by hermestrismi »

some questions about the far north of wesnoth.
the wiki gave us already many locations and information. still, this are is quiet unexplored or lack of analysis.
I had some question before beginning the developmental Ch.02 of RotL (since the original author of Ch.01 seems not interested on completing it and after a period of waiting, I will be obliged to relay on myself to continue it).
01 - what's the difference between high elves and wood elves? is there a faction named high elves?
02 - except for mainline factions, is there other races there (from other umc's)?
03 - what's the known UMCs (old or new) that took place there (notably on period close to the Dark Age of Wesnoth,)?
04 - what do we know about Barren Plains, Frosty Wast and The Thelien Forest?
05 - the wiki said
it is rumored they rule a vast kingdom
where exactly?
any other information will be welcomed of course.
Attachments
sotbe.png
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Far North

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

hermestrismi wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 10:18 pm some questions about the far north of wesnoth.
the wiki gave us already many locations and information. still, this are is quiet unexplored or lack of analysis.
I had some question before beginning the developmental Ch.02 of RotL (since the original author of Ch.01 seems not interested on completing it and after a period of waiting, I will be obliged to relay on myself to continue it).
01 - what's the difference between high elves and wood elves? is there a faction named high elves?
02 - except for mainline factions, is there other races there (from other umc's)?
03 - what's the known UMCs (old or new) that took place there (notably on period close to the Dark Age of Wesnoth,)?
05 - the wiki said
where exactly?
05 - the wiki said
where exactly?
The paragraph you're referring to seems to have been typed in 2005, which is ~17 years ago. So, high elves might have been some UMC set of elves such as the https://units.wesnoth.org/1.16/Ageless_ ... gh%20Elves
and the high elves were assumed to be ruling the huge plains north-east of Lintair (but that region got chopped from the current Far North map)
Barren Plains, Frosty Wastes
Snow. Just Snow.
The Thelien Forest
I think this is covered in the UMC The Thelien Attack.
Ch.02 of RotL (since the original author of Ch.01 seems not interested on completing it and after a period of waiting, I will be obliged to relay on myself to continue it).
Haven't seen him active in ages. Might have left.
what's the difference between high elves and wood elves? is there a faction named high elves?
Yes, there is High Elves in Feudal Era (and now, in ageless era). I linked it in this post.
except for mainline factions, is there other races there (from other umc's)?
Mostly orcs, goblins, some former Wesnothians soldiers who moved there for more "warfare" vs orcs. Silent forest elves.
Later in IftU, the far north was later occupied by Aragwaithi.
what's the known UMCs (old or new) that took place there (notably on period close to the Dark Age of Wesnoth,)?
Not sure. UMCs dont usually document that.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Thank you for your answer It helped me a lot as always.
I just finished TTA but still I need to check more old UMC.
Also, I had a problem with the story I imagined itself as a Ch02.
I began my conception as The Thelien Forest is habitated by a different sub-race of Elves (like Elves with spears and halberds), surrendered by deep and dark elves from south and orcs and sub-races (wyvern ...) from north-eaat and snow elves from north.
that was my idea before writing this thread.
Now, I need inspiration for a completely new story after your answer and especially after after playing TTA
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 11:05 pm
hermestrismi wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 10:18 pm some questions about the far north of wesnoth.
05 - the wiki said
where exactly?
05 - the wiki said
where exactly?
The paragraph you're referring to seems to have been typed in 2005, which is ~17 years ago. So, high elves might have been some UMC set of elves such as the https://units.wesnoth.org/1.16/Ageless_ ... gh%20Elves
and the high elves were assumed to be ruling the huge plains north-east of Lintair (but that region got chopped from the current Far North map)
Barren Plains, Frosty Wastes
Snow. Just Snow.
The Thelien Forest
I think this is covered in the UMC The Thelien Attack.
Ch.02 of RotL (since the original author of Ch.01 seems not interested on completing it and after a period of waiting, I will be obliged to relay on myself to continue it).
Haven't seen him active in ages. Might have left.
what's the difference between high elves and wood elves? is there a faction named high elves?
Yes, there is High Elves in Feudal Era (and now, in ageless era). I linked it in this post.
except for mainline factions, is there other races there (from other umc's)?
Mostly orcs, goblins, some former Wesnothians soldiers who moved there for more "warfare" vs orcs. Silent forest elves.
Later in IftU, the far north was later occupied by Aragwaithi.
what's the known UMCs (old or new) that took place there (notably on period close to the Dark Age of Wesnoth,)?
Not sure. UMCs dont usually document that.
Thank you for your answer It helped me a lot as always.
I just finished TTA but still I need to check more old UMC.
Also, I had a problem with the story I imagined itself as a Ch02.
I began my conception as The Thelien Forest is habitated by a different sub-race of Elves (like Elves with spears and halberds), surrendered by deep and dark elves from south and orcs and sub-races (wyvern ...) from north-eaat and snow elves from north.
that was my idea before writing this thread.
Now, I need inspiration for a completely new story after your answer and especially after after playing TTA