MP The Lands of Karatan Feedback

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheRatteSan

MP The Lands of Karatan Feedback

Post by TheRatteSan »

This is the feedback thread for The Lands of Karatan MP scenarios.

The first map of The Lands of Karatan is a 6p map.

Large sized map (70x70)
The best team compositions are:

3v3
Spoiler:

The map is designed to play together.

I wish you alot of fun!

I would be very happy about your feedback.

Patch date 05/25/2022
Spoiler:
Last edited by TheRatteSan on June 5th, 2022, 11:21 am, edited 20 times in total.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: MP The Lands of Karatan

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I had one match on this map and I say it's quite detailed.

Some feedback:
  • It's quite "large" (not medium). Normally, maps beyond 50x50 are considered big maps or epics.
  • Can you suggest team pairings in description? I guess it's 134 and 256 for 3v3? 12v35v46 for 2v2v2?
  • Maybe sides 3 and 5 are rather largely disadvantaged since they are exposed on 3 fronts. while the others have to handle 2 fronts.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
TheRatteSan

Post by TheRatteSan »

That is not the problem. I'm open to any feedback. :)

I hope the details are not too much.

In any case, I will continue to work on the map and update some information. I still hope that you had a lot of fun.

But I have one question: what do you mean by "I guess it's 134 and 256 for 3v3? 12v35v46"
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

"I guess it's 134 and 256 for 3v3? 12v35v46"
I meant the team setups. The player start positions look like sides 1, 3 and 4 will be team east and sides 2, 5, and 6 will be team West.
A similar case for the 2v2v2 setup.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
TheRatteSan

Post by TheRatteSan »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: May 24th, 2022, 9:19 am
  • Can you suggest team pairings in description? I guess it's 134 and 256 for 3v3? 12v35v46 for 2v2v2?
I revised it a bit. You should now have a certain overview.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: MP The Lands of Karatan Feedback

Post by Atreides »

Hi, just started a game on this. Only a few turns in at this time but it looks great. Lots of bottlenecks! I started out on the upper right spot. Lots of snow. : ) (I smile because the era I chose (Lonely Era) likes snow a lot) I see you made good use of the new graphics such as the snowy great tree. Also a lot of embellishments. Attention to detail always impresses me.

As others said it's a large map. I like those, for epic grand battles.

I noted that the terrain is very much meant to channel units. Chasms, impassables as well as water bodies. Alas this game I got a all floating faction by chance so it's been rather easy to deal with hehe. Looking forward to trying it with another, more grounded, faction. A faction with no flyers at all would be quite interesting. Heh, silly me I should always try new maps with the default era, I never remember.

Oh and I started the game as a free for all, I didn't know about the recommended alliances until I read it here. My suggestion is to put recommended alliances (as well as any other recommended settings) in the map description (that shows up in the box on the left when the map is selected) so that people are sure to have a chance to see it before they setup the game on the map.
TheRatteSan

Post by TheRatteSan »

The Lands of Karatan now on 1.18 <3
TheRatteSan

Post by TheRatteSan »

Atreides wrote: July 1st, 2022, 11:01 pm Hi, just started a game on this. Only a few turns in at this time but it looks great. Lots of bottlenecks! I started out on the upper right spot. Lots of snow. : ) (I smile because the era I chose (Lonely Era) likes snow a lot) I see you made good use of the new graphics such as the snowy great tree. Also a lot of embellishments. Attention to detail always impresses me.

As others said it's a large map. I like those, for epic grand battles.

I noted that the terrain is very much meant to channel units. Chasms, impassables as well as water bodies. Alas this game I got a all floating faction by chance so it's been rather easy to deal with hehe. Looking forward to trying it with another, more grounded, faction. A faction with no flyers at all would be quite interesting. Heh, silly me I should always try new maps with the default era, I never remember.

Oh and I started the game as a free for all, I didn't know about the recommended alliances until I read it here. My suggestion is to put recommended alliances (as well as any other recommended settings) in the map description (that shows up in the box on the left when the map is selected) so that people are sure to have a chance to see it before they setup the game on the map.
Thank you <3