Erzen and Green Swamps

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hermestrismi

Erzen and Green Swamps

Post by hermestrismi »

In some old campaigns I found the mention of Erzen (south of orcish territories) and Green Swamps (probably south of Aethenwood).
Is there anyone who can provide me with maps that contain one of those locations for my new campaign ?
Thank you
hermestrismi

Re: Erzen and Green Swamps

Post by hermestrismi »

I found both of them but I don't know if it's still a canon map :eng: :eng: :eng:
Attachments
title.png
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

hermestrismi wrote: May 21st, 2022, 1:35 pm I found both of them but I don't know if it's still a canon map :eng: :eng: :eng:
The current Wesnoth main doesn't have Green Swamps at all, but rather a huge grassy plain.
Also, where is Erzen in this map? Doesn't seem to be present..I think it's near the northern heart mountain range though.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: May 21st, 2022, 2:29 pm
hermestrismi wrote: May 21st, 2022, 1:35 pm I found both of them but I don't know if it's still a canon map :eng: :eng: :eng:
The current Wesnoth main doesn't have Green Swamps at all, but rather a huge grassy plain.
Also, where is Erzen in this map? Doesn't seem to be present..I think it's near the northern heart mountain range though.
In the old TDH there's an indication about Erzen's battle (rsouth of Halstead) so I wasn't sure that it is canonly accepted even after using it at my unofficial TDH but when I checked the wiki (alternate future timeline page) ,
The same about Green Swamp but this is more confusing because it was mentioned on the mainline (where Haldric fought the dragon) so I m really uncertain if it is a plain or a swamp but I will use the second hypothesis as it fit with my new campaign (and I think I will not upload it anyway because I don't have good images as portraits)
(the map from TDH)
Attachments
unknown-land.png
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Assuming that the Green Swamp is where Haldric fought the dragon, this is where it is in Wesnoth 1.14 (I think it has not changed in 1.16):
Wesnoth 1.14
Wesnoth 1.14
This is where it was in Wesnoth 1.0:
Wesnoth 1.0
Wesnoth 1.0
I don't know why the location was changed.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

gnombat wrote: May 21st, 2022, 4:07 pm Assuming that the Green Swamp is where Haldric fought the dragon, this is where it is in Wesnoth 1.14 (I think it has not changed in 1.16):

wesnoth-1.14.png

This is where it was in Wesnoth 1.0:

wesnoth-1.0.png

I don't know why the location was changed.
Exactly.
This is why I said I m confused.
Maybe (just maybe) because from 1.0 to 1.4 (as much as I know but possibly until 1.12), the Ka'lian is supposed to be only on Aethenwood but since Weldyn supposed to be built more close to Wesmere and the Grey Forest (which mean that it is not under the authority of Aethenwood), they changed the whole thing.
It is notable that, back un time, the wood-Elves were different from the High-Elves (and, if I am not totally wrong , the High Elves are on Aethenwood, no?)