Highlight Notepad++

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hermestrismi

Highlight Notepad++

Post by hermestrismi »

How dare you create something like that without telling us about it? :P :P
I really want to thank the one who created smthg beautiful and useful like that. I discovered it just today
:oops: :oops: :)
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: Highlight Notepad++

Post by Atreides »

Is that something that colours WML? Yeah, glad to hear it's available for Windows too. Under Linux Kate has it and it has made it much easier.

Notepad++ ++? LOL, I still use Win95/8 and I sometimes use notepad. No plusses though. : ) Tsk, I can just imagine notepad++ sneering at my poor old notepad...
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

There's quite a few actually: viewtopic.php?p=194681#p194681
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: May 21st, 2022, 6:49 pm There's quite a few actually: viewtopic.php?p=194681#p194681
Thank you. I will try all of them
Atreides wrote: May 21st, 2022, 6:35 pm Is that something that colours WML? Yeah, glad to hear it's available for Windows too. Under Linux Kate has it and it has made it much easier.

Notepad++ ++? LOL, I still use Win95/8 and I sometimes use notepad. No plusses though. : ) Tsk, I can just imagine notepad++ sneering at my poor old notepad...
yeah it is
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

and it help catching bugs like unfinished strings..
I wonder if there's another util to organise line (distance of 4 space at the beginning of new syntax...)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

hermestrismi wrote: May 21st, 2022, 7:08 pm and it help catching bugs like unfinished strings..
I wonder if there's another util to organise line (distance of 4 space at the beginning of new syntax...)
wmlindent, if you can run it via the GUI in terminal/cmd promp
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

wmlindent really needs more promotion. Most people don't use it. I used to think maybe they didn't want to but I think maybe it's more that they just never heard of it.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Atreides wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 7:02 pm wmlindent really needs more promotion. Most people don't use it. I used to think maybe they didn't want to but I think maybe it's more that they just never heard of it.
True. WML Code is very ugly to look at without the proper indenting.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

I find it harder to read unindented. Not to mention how many errors just become obvious when properly indented. Personally I don't consider it optional or cosmetic but a very useful and practical tool!
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

The WML plugin for Sublime Text automatically perform the indention, so I do not need wmlindent :D
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

lhybrideur wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 11:03 am The WML plugin for Sublime Text automatically perform the indention, so I do not need wmlindent :D
link pls or how I get it? is it working on win7?
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

hermestrismi wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 11:18 am
lhybrideur wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 11:03 am The WML plugin for Sublime Text automatically perform the indention, so I do not need wmlindent :D
link pls or how I get it? is it working on win7?
You can install directly via the package manager of Sublime Text. Just look for WML.
It works on Windows 7, 8 and 10 as far as I used it.