Afterlife (with XP mod) Statistics

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Yomar

Re: Afterlife (with XP mod) Statistics

Post by Yomar »

Well the obvious was confirmed, Dwarves and Elves are the best factions for Aftterlife.
Elves have those powerful Woses and Shamans are very useful.
Dwarves, well I will not even talk about how powerful Steelclad is and if it turns into a Dwarvish Lord, he becomes almost invincible, not only his resistances increases again, but he even get a ranged attack, even Heavy Infantry become a joke for them and Charger just give him free XP.
And what about Thuderers ?
Level them up and give it extra shots, and they can demolish the other side with just one lucky turn.
Once Dwarves have lv 3 fighters and gunners, it's time to surrender.
Not even the fact that they are "slow" helps, because you just need to give extra movment.
I think that AfterLife needs a dedicated era modiefied for this game mode, like the ladder era.
Or the non random map can be tweaked, like by taking away the mountain and maybe a forest hex.
Beheld the origins of BFW.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Also, about P2 advantage: P2 winrate is 53.43% (1700+ 7+turns). Not too significant though, afaik better than in chess
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Yomar wrote: February 7th, 2023, 3:53 pm Well the obvious was confirmed, Dwarves and Elves are the best factions for Aftterlife.
Yeah, but I would note that the previous stats didn't favour Elves to that extent. Now we have better data (1700+ against 1600+, only 7+ turns, more games gathered even with those stricter restrictions) and Elves look better. Elf v Loy and Elf v Drake were 53% and 50% in the old data, 60% and 61% in the new data. Elf vs Orc was 63%, 70% in the new data. I actually wonder whether it's people improved in playing Elves, or it's 1600-1700 guys playing Elves significantly worse than 1700+ guys, or maybe worse quality of the old data.

UPD: I check the new data with 1600+ threshold, Elves have 58-59% against Drakes and Loys and 63% against Drakes. Stats are usually more blurry with lower ratings, but for Elves v Drakes/Loys looks like 1600-1700 play with Elf not significantly worse. For Orcs though 63% instead of 70% (in favour of Elf), like in the old ones. Seems 1600-1700 folks a bit worse in playing Elf v Orc
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
szdik570

Post by szdik570 »

Hi!

I have played wesnoth since 12 years ago, and now coming back to it after many years hiatus I just love to see this project. I think this is the best idea ever.
Literally the one idea that I think can save wesnoth and should have been implemented ages ago.
BUT, the choice of games is not as good as the idea. There have been much better survival games than afterlife, and also we should have some other types of games opened by bots. These two get repetitive and boring very soon. Please please please, do an automatically opened AND rated ladder version of this, where the leaderboard can be visited real time. Ladder died out only because you had to upload manually and there was fewer and fewer games since you also had to open them yourself. This could revive it and with it wesnoth itself to its glroy days. Also a 3 player game would be nice, or a small campaign, or some of the coolest and most popular games of the last decade, all opened by bots 0-24.
This would be the best thing. Please.
nekro

Post by nekro »

Yes i think adding a couple different auto-generated rated scenarios would help strengthen the online wesnoth playerbase and protect it from slowly becoming obsolete.
It's an excellent game, i don't think it needs any improvements, except better AI maybe, but not necessarily.
All it needs is more players, so you don't have to wait so long for a game.
Perhaps add auto-generated and rated Dimaga?
Perhaps add Ageless Era ? (Yes, i know it's not so balanced for a rated system, but i'm sure a lot of players would love it)
And perhaps add an auto-generated ladder?
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

szdik570 wrote: May 11th, 2023, 1:31 pm <...> the choice of games is not as good as the idea. There have been much better survival games than afterlife <...> These two get repetitive and boring very soon. <...> Also a 3 player game would be nice, or a small campaign, or some of the coolest and most popular games of the last decade, all opened by bots 0-24.
This would be the best thing. Please.
nekro wrote: January 6th, 2024, 10:41 am <...>
Perhaps add auto-generated and rated Dimaga?
Perhaps add Ageless Era ? (Yes, i know it's not so balanced for a rated system, but i'm sure a lot of players would love it)
And perhaps add an auto-generated ladder?
I dunno about campaigns or Ageless or 3p things. Afterlife might get a bit repetitive for some people but it was chosen because it's fast and was one of the most popular maps (now the most popular with my help :D ). But adding a 1v1 ladder-like thing or some other promising addon/era may be an option and I consider some candidates