Finding Ratheln

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lobster4

Finding Ratheln

Post by Lobster4 »

Simple question I think, but why can't I find Ratheln the mage?

I'm doing The Hammer of Thursagan campaign, and am on the High Pass scenario. I've seen him found in one replay I've watched, so I'm just missing something.

I'm wondering if it's because I'm doing either the Normal or Easy mode, and the replay I saw was on Challenging I think. Could this be the reason?
I don't see any of the messages that the hut with him in it was "sensed" or anything like that, and I'm getting to that one hut in the middle by turn 8.

Anyone with any advice?

Thanks.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Finding Ratheln

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I am not sure why there was no announcement or lack of communication about this issue but let me explain it.

During the last development cycle, the Hammer of Thursagan SP campaign has been reworked and in this revised one, some scenarios have either been revised or removed. One of the major changes is that Ratheln and mage recruitment is no longer possible in the 1.16 THoT.

The replay you saw is rather outdated it seems.

Anyways, you're the 4th person to ask about Ratheln this year :O
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Lobster4

Post by Lobster4 »

Thanks a lot for the reply Knightmare.

Yes, when reading the Discussion thread on High Pass, the very last entry by you in March says that, and I just saw it.
The video I saw was from the end of 2021, so removing him must have happened somewhat recently.
I think maybe the notes on the walk through should be updated.

I ask out of frustration with the Forbidden Forest scenario, because I really could use that mage for getting by that one :)

Anyway, great game. I recently discovered it, and it very must reminds me of the old SSI game Fantasy General. Love it.

Thanks.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

The video I saw was from the end of 2021, so removing him must have happened somewhat recently.
I would say it happened during 2021 and 1.16 was released in October 2021. Before and during that time, players mostly had 1.14 and I guess Ratheln was still there.
I think maybe the notes on the walk through should be updated.
Oh, I see your confusion. The walkthrough looks like an outdated mess and still mentions it. I will probably write a new one when it's ready.
Anyways, I added a note to clarify that Ratheln no longer spawns or is given or is available.
Lobster4

Post by Lobster4 »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: April 10th, 2022, 1:24 pm Oh, I see your confusion. The walkthrough looks like an outdated mess and still mentions it. I will probably write a new one when it's ready.
Anyways, I added a note to clarify that Ratheln no longer spawns or is given or is available.
Ah yes, I see your change in the walkthrough now.
Appreciate it! That at least makes it less confusing.
Straff

Post by Straff »

For what purpose did you remove Ratheln?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Straff wrote: April 15th, 2022, 8:47 pm For what purpose did you remove Ratheln?
Wasn't me.