user manual missing info

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ChristTrekker

user manual missing info

Post by ChristTrekker »

I was looking through the 1.16 units DB, noticed the "diversion" ability (which must be new as a standard ability, as I've only ever seen it on one character) and looked it up in the users manual. It's not there.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: user manual missing info

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

ChristTrekker wrote: March 17th, 2022, 7:09 pm I was looking through the 1.16 units DB, noticed the "diversion" ability (which must be new as a standard ability, as I've only ever seen it on one character) and looked it up in the users manual. It's not there.
I just checked the 1.16 manual and it appears to be outdated or almost identical to the 1.14 one. I guess it should be updated it.

Alternately, you can just view the ability's in-game help description.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
ChristTrekker

Post by ChristTrekker »

Also, a mistake in the manual. Heals+8 should not mention curing from poison. That is a distinct ability. (If not, why do white mages have both?)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

ChristTrekker wrote: April 8th, 2022, 12:25 pm Also, a mistake in the manual. Heals+8 should not mention curing from poison. That is a distinct ability. (If not, why do white mages have both?)
Not a mistake
A unit cared for by this healer may heal up to 8 HP per turn, or stop poison from taking effect for that turn.
heals+8 only does not cure poison but negates the -8 HP damage from poison from taking effect that turn.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
ChristTrekker

Post by ChristTrekker »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: April 8th, 2022, 1:05 pm Not a mistake

heals+8 only does not cure poison but negates the -8 HP damage from poison from taking effect that turn.
OK, then it was just the way it was worded confused me. My apologies. What you just said was shorter, direct, and understandable.