SOLVED! "This Nickname is not registered on this server"

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Pine9

SOLVED! "This Nickname is not registered on this server"

Post by Pine9 »

Hi.
I'm coming back to the game after a while, my nickname is the same as the one in this forum which is 'Nor_Green'.
I can connect to the alternate server with no errors; but can not connect to the official one.
This is the full error "The nickname 'Not_Green' is not registered on this server, we will disallow unregistered nicknames"
Also I went away from the game for a while because I wasn't able to log in(I don't remember what was the error but I'm sure it had something to do with the server itself not the nickname)... but VPN fixed that.
Edit: Windows 7 64bit, Wesnoth version 1.16.2(Steam)
P.S: I'm not using VPN right now.

Edit again:
Sorry here's the full report:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Pine9 on February 15th, 2022, 3:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: "This Nickname is not registered on this server"

Post by Pentarctagon »

The secondary server doesn't require a forum account to be registered, but the primary server does.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Pine9

Post by Pine9 »

Pentarctagon wrote: February 15th, 2022, 3:11 pm The secondary server doesn't require a forum account to be registered, but the primary server does.
So why can't I log in even though I have a registered account? I tried to log in but nothing happens when I click on the 'OK' button. (double checked password and nickname, they are correct)
Also What is the reason behind having a server requiring a registration and haveing one that doesn't? Is the first server more secure or something?
Pine9

Post by Pine9 »

Pentarctagon wrote: February 15th, 2022, 3:11 pm The secondary server doesn't require a forum account to be registered, but the primary server does.
Ok, I'm sorry I made a mistake; I was trying to log in with 'No_Green' which is missing a T!
It's 'Not_Green' :oops: :roll:
The issue is resolved! Thanks.